Chapter 31

Sadly, our time at the cabin in the woods was coming to a close. We would be leaving the day after tomorrow. It was nice being away from the city and out in the country. And away from work.

But being in the country gave me my first taste of homesickness. I guess being so busy in South Korea made me forget about where I grew up back in the states.

I was sitting on the dock, just looking around at the mountains. I sighed, feeling a tear slip down my cheek.

"Hey cupcake." I wiped my eyes and looked up. Hoseok smiled at me before plopping down on my right side.

We sat in silence for awhile.

"You know, when I first arrived in Seoul I was extremely homesick as well."

I hummed in response.

"After awhile, I realized something. I may have left home, but I made a new home with the guys.

They made me feel at ease. I knew that everything I had left behind was worth it. They made it worth it.

I'm telling you this because this applies to you. Sure, you're 6,732 miles away from where you grew up, but South Korea is your home now. Jin is your home and soon to be husband. All of us guys are your family.

And we not only did we gain you as a member of the family, but another sister and a niece as well. The three of you have been such a blessing to us all."

I silently started crying. Hoseok noticed and wrapped his arm around me, pulling me into his chest and letting me cry.

He rubbed soothing circles on my back as I sobbed. "Shh, it's ok love. Let it out."

My sob fest lasted all of one hour. When I calmed down, Hoseok started chuckling. "Feeling better?"

"Do you really mean everything you said?" I asked.

Hoseok beamed at me. "Of course I did. You are soon to marry my hyung, my oldest brother. Of course you mean so much to us."

We sat in silence for awhile longer.

"Do you think Jin would ever visit New Hampshire with me? Once we are husband and wife that is?"

Hoseok nodded. "I'm sure he'd love that."

The two of us sat in silence for awhile longer. The sound of footsteps approaching caught our attention.

"Babygirl, what's wrong? I felt something in the bond."

Jin now sat down on my other side. "Shes a bit homesick" Hoseok whispered. "Aww baby come here" Jin said, pulling me into his lap. Hoseok smiled at us. "I'll leave you two to talk."

He got up and silently walked back to the house.

"Why are you suddenly homesick?" Jin asked.

I shrugged. "I guess it's just, this looks so much like back home" I said, sweeping my arm in front of us indicating the scenery.

"Oh I see. Babe, I know it's hard. Its hatd that I've asked you to move so far away. But we are going to build life together. We are getting married soon. Start a family."

I smiled up at him. "I'm sorry. I guess it just finally hit me how far away from where I grew up I am. It feels good to let it out though."

Jin started rubbing soothing circles on my back. We stayed silent for quite awhile.

"Did you really mean what you said? About wanting kids?"

Jin smiled at me. "Yes, I did. Of course, if you want them. You have to have a say in it."