Another Life

"Dada, dada!!!" Lucifer looked up from his work and smiled at his infant daughter. She was bouncing up and down in her new walker. She had already started to crawl and would be learning to walk soon. "Keep it up baby girl, daddy will be chasing you around this room in no time!" He chuckled. It had been 5 years since he had left Devildom to travel in the human realm. He only planned on taking a short vacation to get away from his brothers and Diavolo, but then something unexpected happened. He fell in love, with a human.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

*5 Years Prior*

Lucifer had been up to his eyeballs in paperwork, which wasn't much different than usual, but it was starting to catch up to him. That, and the constant annoyance of his brothers, he was about done with everything. He sighed heavily as he leaned back in his chair and rubbed his temple. Less than half of the papers in the pile were done, but it was all due tomorrow morning. He looked at his clock... 2:00 AM, and he still had so much to do.

A few hours later, and he had finally finished. He had one hour to sleep before he had to get ready for his day at RAD. He finally hit the sheets when..... "Oi, put me down, ya big stupid lug!!!" Mammon shouted. There was a loud bang at Lucifer's door. He groaned and rolled out of bed to answer it. Beel had Mammon slung over his shoulder and threw him at Lucifer's feet. "He ate my custard, again." Beel deadpanned. "And?" Lucifer sighed. "He also ate the cream puffs you got for the student council meeting this morning," Beel added. "YOU DID WHAT!?" Lucifer yelled at Mammon. "Do you know how hard it was to get those cream puffs from Madame Scream?" Lucifer drawled out. He was fuming. He was talking slowly, calmly... Never a good sign from him. "I-I didn't realize t-they were for the meetin... They didn't have a n-note!" Mammon stuttered. "If Beel didn't eat them... Then they MUST have been for something extremely important. Don't you think?" Lucifer argued. Mammon's face went white. He was ready for Lucifer to hang him up again or worse. Lucifer exhaled deeply, he looked at Mammon and then at Beel. "Get him out of here." He instructed. His brothers looked at him in shock. That's when they noticed how tired he looked for once. Beel quickly collected Mammon from the ground and the two of them silently left Lucifer alone.

At the morning meeting, it was more than apparent that Lucifer was somewhere far away. His brothers had never seen him so out of it. It delighted Satan and Belphie but concerned the others. The avatar of pride looked anything but as he tried his best to keep his composure. After the meeting, Diavolo took him to the side. "Are you alright, Lucifer?" He was very concerned for his dear friend. As much as it pained Lucifer to admit, he had to tell the truth. "I'm exhausted. I think I just need a break. I need to get away, to go on a vacation from everything." Diavolo nodded in agreement. "Do as you wish. I will give you your leave. Please, enjoy yourself."

Lucifer did his research to find a place he could go. He decided to travel the human realm for a few months. He wasn't sure where he was going to go, but he had been collecting human currency for hundreds of years, so he could live a more than comfortable life where ever he went. He packed his things and went in search of relaxation.

*Seven Months Later*

Lucifer spent a little time in London, Japan, India, Spain, France, ect... Yet somehow he had decided to settle in a town outside of Seattle Washington, USA. He hadn't planned on staying there as long as he had, but there was something about the weather and atmosphere that he fancied. He decided to start a business in Downtown Seattle as a bit of a side project. As much as Lucifer wanted to get away from work, he also found it quite vexing that he had no real work to do. The business took off better than he had expected and he asked Diavolo for an extension on his leave, that way he could build the business up and find a business partner to help take care of everything when he had to go back to Devildom. A few days later and Lucifer had found a suitable partner. He would be going back home in a few weeks and making trips between the two realms to be sure everything stayed in order.

Lucifer had to stay at his office late one night to get everything for a party they would be throwing announcing the new business partnership. He was about to leave when a nice storm hit. He sighed as he grabbed his umbrella and headed out. When he came in the weather was so nice, so he decided to walk to work. He waited for the majority of the storm to pass by standing under the annex of the building and as it slowed to a small shower, he went on his way.

Strolling in the rain wasn't bad and he was enjoying it. He stopped at a crosswalk to cross the street when he heard a car coming down the main road blaring loud music. He could hear the driver and passengers carrying on, laughing and yelling over the music. Their light had changed red and the crosswalk sign switched to walk, but he knew he would have to wait. There was no way they were going to stop. However, the girl next to him didn't seem to get that memo. He wasn't quite sure if she could hear them at all. She seemed to have her earbuds in. She began to walk forward and Lucifer panicked. He ran out and grabbed the girl by the waist and pulled her back to safety on the sidewalk. Only a second later, did Lucifer's instincts prove to still be on point. The driver sped through the light without a second of hesitation. They were lucky that no other cars were coming. Although, if other people wouldn't be involved or injured, Lucifer wished there would have been.

After his initial frustration had died down, he turned his attention to the young woman who was clutching onto his coat from fear. She was crying and shaking something awful! "I'm sorry! I'm sorry. I thought they'd stop... The light was red." She cried. Lucifer wanted to be mad. He wanted to yell and shake some sense into her, but she wasn't Mammon. He didn't know her. "It's alright, but you need to watch your surroundings. They were going too fast. If you would have paid closer attention, you would have realized that. Also, you should not be wearing those earbuds when you are crossing a busy street. Pause the music, look around, and always be aware of near traffic." He lectured.

Lucifer stayed with the girl and decided to walk her to her apartment complex. They walked down a long street lined with trees that were in full bloom. It was a cute little area. He observed the buildings with little gardens on the roof. They finally came to a smaller building toward the end of the block. "This is it. I appreciate you staying with me. M-my name is Cordelia, by the way. We didn't introduce ourselves." She said. "No, I guess we didn't," Lucifer replied. "Well, what's your name?" Cordelia asked. "My name... My name is Lucien."