The Twins: Postpartum

It had been a little over 3 weeks since Beel's twins were born. He had to go on a trip with Lucifer and would be gone for a week. He didn't want to leave Shannon or his little ones but he knew that he was needed and knew that his brother's would help however they could, specifically Belphie and Asmo.

Belphie was a great help. He helped with the babies at night so Beel and Shannon weren't so overwhelmed. The only time she really had to get up at night was to feed the babies, but Belphie had no problem helping with the rest. Asmo had become more of an emotional support for Shannon. She was going through a lot. When she was down or needed time during the day Asmo had no problem helping. He would pamper her and whisk her away for some much needed "me" time while Beel watched the babies. Beel knew how important it was for new mothers to take some time for themselves. He was extremely supportive. ❤

Shortly after Beel left Ezra started to cry. Shannon got up to get him. It was feeding time anyway. She tried her hardest but he refused to latch on and it started to stress her out. "Maybe he's not hungry" she said to herself as she set him back in the crib and picked up Lilly. Lilly was a happier baby. She was definitely like her father. She was less fussy than Ezra and had no problem eating. He was still fussing in the crib after she was done with Lilly so she tried again. No luck. She checked to see if he was wet, he wasn't. He just wouldn't stop crying.

Shannon started to feel overwhelmed after a while and called Belphie to help. Belphie poked his head in a few minutes later. Shannon was crying. "Hey what's wrong?" He asked worriedly. "Ezra won't stop crying, and I can't get him to eat. He's always been fussy but Beel is usually here to calm him. He won't do that with me. He hates me" she hiccupped. Belphie looked in her sad eyes "Hey, he doesn't hate you. You're his mama" he smiled. "He won't eat. I know he's hungry... What do I do?" She asked. "How am I supposed to know??" He asked wide-eyed. "Hold on! I know who might..." he disappeared for a minute and then appeared with Satan.

"What?" Satan asked annoyed. "Can't you shut him up. He's annoying me". Shannon broke down in tears again. Belphie slapped Satan on the back of the head. "Idiot". Satan's heart dropped. He had never felt so bad... "Hey, hey! I'm sorry!! I didn't mean to upset you." He hugged Shannon and the baby in her arms. "I can't make him stop. He's been fussing ever since Beel left. He's hungry but he won't eat. I can't get him to..." She didn't need to explain. Satan went to look through some parenting books he picked up, just in case he was ever babysitting. "Let's try getting him a bottle and some formula?" he suggested.

Shannon didn't like using the formula but she agreed. Belphie went into the kitchen to make a bottle. He came back a few minutes later, took Ezra, and bottle fed him. He drank the full bottle. He finally calmed down, everyone sighed happily at the silence. Belphie handed him back to his mother, and almost immediately he started to get fussy again. "I told you," she started crying too. "he hates me." Satan rubbed his temple and went back to the books while Belphie calmed Ezra back down. He fell asleep and was put back in the crib.

Belphie texted Asmo, filled him in on the situation, and asked him to come to the nursery. He came in with a bottle of water and some chocolate for Shannon. "How are you holding up, sweetie?" He asked cautiously, trying not to upset her again. He knew she had been getting stressed out. She wasn't sleeping well and she wasn't eating properly. When she and Asmo talked she would mention that Ezra wasn't bonding with her and it scared her. He knew all her secrets and he started worrying it may be postpartum depression.

"My baby hates me" she mumbled. "I'm not a good mother. I can't take care of my own babies!" She started to get angry at herself.  "Hey!" Asmo exclaimed, annoyed. "That's not true! Look, Ezra is just a fussy baby like Satan!" "Hey!!" Satan interrupted. Asmo dismissed his outburst with an extended middle finger in his direction. "Lilly is just fine. If you were a bad mother than Lilly would be fussy too, right?" He finished his rant. "I-I guess..." Shannon replied sheepishly. "Exactly, so shush" Asmo stuck his tongue out at her, earning a small smile from Shannon.