Secret Love: Part 2

Another nightmare reliving the day of his fall. Seeing her horrified face as he told her to leave and not look back. The tears that sprang from her eyes. The fear. He felt it...

Lucifer woke up in a cold sweat. He stared up at the ceiling, tears threating to leave his eyes. He's been down in Devildom for thousands of years, but this nightmare never disappeared. Not completely. There would be times where he wouldn't have it, but lately it's been every night. He was starting to get worn out. His work was suffering, his brothers were noticing, and Diavolo kept questioning him. He never told any of them about Catherine. If he told them, they would ask questions, and it hurt too much to talk about. He looked at his D.D.D... 5:42 AM. No point in trying to go back to sleep. He had a meeting with Diavolo at 7 sharp. He sighed and pulled the covers off of him, went to the bathroom, stripped down, and took a cold shower to wake him up. The nightmare still rolling through his head. Her face haunting his thoughts.

--------

Diavolo and Barbatos waited at the portal to the Celestial Realm. A representative was being sent to Devildom to check up on the angels that have been sent through the exchange program. They would be there for the next few weeks to monitor the students and make sure everything was up to standard. Diavolo expected a high angel to do the job, he definitely didn't expect the representive to be a very young woman. Beautiful, petite, blonde and with the most amazing pair of purple eyes.

"Good Morning Gentlemen, my name is Catherine. I am the representive from the Celestial Realm, sent to monitor the exchange programs progress." She spoke coolly. "My, my I have to say I am quite surprised. I expected someone more... Experienced. Not someone school age that is." Diavolo mused. Catherine shot him a look of disapproval. "I assure you Lord Diavolo, I have the experience needed to do this job. I have worked my way up from nothing to get to where I am today. I've moved up in both rank and education so please, do not toy with me." She retorted. Diavolo smirked at her sass and bowed his head apologetically.

--------

Lucifer made his way to the student council office at RAD still feeling antsy. He just wanted this all to end, he couldn't take the pain anymore. He certainly wasn't ready for this meeting. He was tired and stressed, not only from this ongoing nightmare but also with the work he had been given by Diavolo recently regarding the Celesial Representative staying in Devildom. He didn't know who it was but he wasn't particularly excited about an angel snooping about. Simeon was an old friend and he didn't mind Luke either, however this angel was not looking to build relationships. They were here to pick apart a program that he and Diavolo had thought out for years. He didn't like the idea of someone trying to interfere, to give their opinions. He paused in front of the door to take a deep breath and ready himself, then pushed them open dramatically. He took a few rushed steps in before looking up at the angel. He stopped dead in his tracks, his eyes widened, he gasped out loud, and his heart thumped out of his chest.

"C-CATHERINE!?" he sputtered. Catherine snapped her head in his direction in shock when she heard his voice, making eye contact. It was like time had stopped and it was just her and Lucifer staring into each other's eyes. Without hesitation Lucifer ran to his beautiful angel, picking her up and swirling her around. Diavolo and Barbatos looked at each other in shock. They had never seen Lucifer so happy before, they wondered who this angel was to him. Lucifer set Catherine down gently and pulled her into his chest as he cried. "You're the representative?" He asked in a whisper. "I am..." She whispered back,  pulling away slightly, and smiling brightly at him. "Lucifer.... I-i... I've missed you so much." Tears welled up in her eyes but her smile never wavered and her eyes never left his. "I've missed you too... So much." Lucifer cooed.