The Twins

Shannon laid in her bed, the twins in her arms. One on the left, the other on her right. It was a long and painful night, but she couldn't be happier having them with her. She was tired. Trying her best not to fall asleep. Not yet. She wanted to keep this moment.

She loved them so much. They were so beautiful. The twin on her right had beautiful bright orange hair... like her father. The twin on the left had lighter, strawberry blonde hair... like his mother. The last nine months had been a blessing, but also hell. Giving birth to demon twins was hard for a human. More painful than a normal pregnancy, but she was determined and strong. Here they were, finally after 10 hours. "My beautiful babies, Ezra and Lilly" she cooed tiredly as her eyes slowly shut.

Beel smiled lovingly as he watched sleep wash over the love of his life. He carefully removed the babies from her arms and placed them in their new crib, courtesy of Mammon and Lucifer. He smiled as he thought about how excited his brothers had been when they found out they were going to be uncles. He looked down at their little sleeping faces and his smile grew wider.

He looked over at Shannon, asleep on the bed. She had been through so much tonight. Sweat made her hair cling to her forehead, tear stains on her face. She was still so beautiful, even after giving birth. He chuckled and went to get a bowl of cold water and a rag to clean her face up a bit. She hummed in her sleep as she felt the cold on her face.

She opened her eyes as he placed the rag on her forehead. She looked at him and smiled weakly. "I love you" she whispered. "I love you too." He smiled back. "I love all three of you." He kissed her gingerly and made sure she was comfortable. "You need to rest. You've been through a lot." She nodded and shut her eyes to get a much needed rest, as Beel went over to the crib to admire his beautiful twins. "My precious babies. I'll always be here to protect you and your mother." ❤