Siren's Call Part 13

Leviathan's mind started to become less hazy. He was aware of the little siren approaching him. The monster inside of his started to calm down. She wasn't afraid of him and that gave him comfort. He submerged himself into the water and closed his eyes to her touch. She was so teeny tiny! It made his heart flutter knowing she wanted to help him and that she also loved all of his forms. She was petting him like he was some sort of adorable creature. He huffed through his nose to tickle her. She let out a cute little laugh and he did the same in turn.

The pair disappeared under the water. Asmodeus and Satan seemed worried but Lucifer but their fears to rest. "She will be okay and she'll bring Leviathan home. They need time alone." He guided his brothers back to the House of Lamentation and said his farewell to Diavolo and Barbatos. He would give them an update once Levi was home safe. He expected that they were on their way to clean up the underwater city after the fight. He and Diavolo's forces were able to chase off the remainder of the squid creatures that were left, before they went to help Leviathan at the palace. The citizens of the city seemed to be able to handle things from there but he knew Maris wanted to go home to ensure her people that they were free.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Maris took Leviathan to her favorite clearing near the city. He had told her before how unpredictable his dragon form could be and how uncomfortable he felt in that form, so she wanted to try to help him out of it before they returned to the city. He looked so forlorn like he was ashamed of himself. This looked like the Great Leviathan she remembered but he had the gentle soul of her land demon Leviathan. All the rage and monstrous power had drained from him. Did he know how to turn back? This form was very unexpected. Leviathan never trained for this. It was a struggle to get him to stay in his serpent form but he had done too much. What had happened? Was it because of her?

She laid on his shoulder and gave him a few scratches, as if he were her pet dragon, to help him relax a little. She began to hum a little song that reminded him of a simpler time. He had heard it sung by mothers to their children in the streets of the city when they were upset. He closed his eyes and listened. There were so many emotions balled up inside of him and this form was holding him too long. He was tired and afraid he would never go back to the way things were before. Would she stay by his side if he had to roam the sea like this forever?

"You're bigger than I remember." She cut through his thoughts. She had finished the song and was now trying to talk him down. Leviathan just grumbled. He didn't quite know what to say. He didn't know if he could say anything. "Smoother too. I thought your scales would be rough but it feels nice to run my hands over them." She smiled. Leviathan rolled over on his back like a dog and Maris sat on his chest near his neck. The size difference was intense and she couldn't help but laugh. "What?" Leviathan was able to croak out in a deep ancient register. Maris was taken aback at the tone of voice and language. He definitely sounded like a old monster, but she gained her composure and grinned. "You're so big, I feel like krill sitting on a megalodon!" Leviathan could help but laugh. It shook the seafloor and Maris had to try to grab onto him to keep from falling off his vibrating chest. "Sorry." He wrapped the tip on his tail around Maris to keep her in place.

He wanted to kiss her so badly. She was with him and she was safe. He could feel her and everything was okay. She could be free again. It was also bittersweet. What happened once she got home? Would they drift apart? He would come to visit her, but would it be the same as it was now, when she was always with him? Would she still love him when he was gone? Should he stay? "What are you thinking about, Leviathan?" She pulled him back once again. She looked at him with expectant eyes. He shook his head and hid the thoughts away. "I think you're in your head too much. You'll never be able to focus on changing back if you're all moody." She explained. Leviathan tried breathing easy and while doing so, he got tired and drifted to sleep.

Little by little, Leviathan started to shift back into a smaller serpent-like creature. Maris stayed and kept watch over him as he slept. She had already decided that she wanted to stay by his side as long as he would have her. She was in love with this weird half water, half ugly land demon hybrid. She preferred him in his water form, but she loved every inch of his other form as well. She wanted him... forever.