Secret Love Part 4

Catherine perched on the rail of the balcony in her palace suite when she heard a noise below in the bushes. She was a bit scared being in Devildom. "Catherine.... Catherine!" She heard a whisper calling to her as she saw Luci emerge out of the bushes, dressed more casual than usual. Almost like a little Romeo and Juliette moment. "What are you doing here??" She laughed. "Shhhhh, keep it down. If Diavolo catches me then he'll need me for something. Just come down." He smiled. "Okay, let me just grab a sweater" she disappeared into the room and re-emerged wings out. Her wings were bigger, softer, and more mesmoring than they were back in the "old days". She floated down to him as he stared with lips parted at just how beautiful she was. He closed the gap between them and hugged her tight. "You are stunning". He couldn't help but to stroke her feathery wings, making her shutter.

"I'm sure you are stunning in your true form too, Luci. Will you let me see you?" She asked curiously caressing his cheek. "No." He snapped causing Catherine to jump slightly. "I mean..." He softened "I can't. I'm too...different. You wouldn't like it. Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and hate myself." Catherine just looked at Luci in shock. She never thought he had such a weakness as prideful as he was. "Oh..." She sighed as she hid her own wings away.

"D-don't...." He stuttered "Don't put them away..." He pleaded. He loved seeing her in her angelic form. It reminded him of the good times he spent in the Celestial Realm with her. He was happy then, always able to see her smiling face whenever he felt like it. Sneaking around like this brought back so many fond memories. He would come to her, just as he did tonight. It was like she was waiting, hoping he remembered. "Where are we going?" Catherine asked excitedly. She wanted to explore more of Devildom and she now had the perfect tour guide. "I want to take you some place special. A place I go often to think. I think you'll like the view." He smile charmingly. She took his hand, as he led her away.

They walked in silence for a while, but it didn't bug them, just being together was enough. Its all they needed. Occasionally Luci would steal a glance at the beautiful angel but would look away immediately when she would turn to look at him. "You keep staring." She teased. He chuckled but didn't try to defend himself. She was always so observant, even if he tried to deny it, she would argue and win. She was one of the few who had that power. She could tear down his pride with a few quick words, but he secretly loved it. Being vulnerable to her wasn't so bad.

After a bit of a walk Luci stopped at the bottom of a hill. "Right over this hill is the best view of Devildom. This is the place I come to when I need to breathe. Are you ready" he smiled brightly. "Yes!" She smiled back. They climbed the hill and as they reached the top Catherine's face lit up! All of Devildom was in view. She hadn't realized how far they had walked but she could see Diavolo's palace off in the distance. She could see RAD, Purgatory Hall, The House of Lamentation, Majolish, all of it! It was spectacular. Luci just looked at her with a loving expression. "You said you wanted to see Devildom, and now here it is. All in front of you." She turned to him with a smile so bright he thought he may go blind. It's so beautiful!" She beamed. "Just like you." He blushed.

He looked at her, his breath seized away, taking in all of her beauty for the 100th time that night. He snaked his arms around her waist and kissed her passionately for the first time in so, so long. To feel her lips on his sent him into a state of euphoria. He felt dizzy but continued to kiss her soft delicate lips. He missed her kiss so much, he craved it. She felt the same. She had been dreaming of the day when she would see him again, to have this moment. She felt her hard work had finally paid off. To be in his arms again is all she ever wanted. "I love you Catherine." Luci breathed in her ear. "I love you too Luci." She cooed. "I've waited for this moment for so long. I climbed my way to the top just for this." Luci pulled away slightly to look her in the eyes.

"What?" He asked surprised. "Lower level angels can't come to Devildom without a purpose. I didn't have one, other than seeing you and that isn't valid. So I worked my way up. It was my plan from the beginning. After I found out you had fallen, I couldn't just sit back and forget you! I had to see you again. I didn't think it would take so long, but at the same time I also didn't think it would be this soon." Luci just stared at her with such affection, knowing it was all for him egged on his pride. "I-I do admit I was a bit afraid though." She expressed. "Why" Luci asked. "I was afraid that maybe you had moved on. You would have someone else and have forgotten about me." Luci frowned slightly. "Of course not. Catherine, I have thought about you everyday since I fell! I've been through so much. Losing Lillith, serving Diavolo, my brothers, dealing with this new life but I never forgot about you! I have often thought that you would have been the one to move on. You always wanted a family. You and I...we... We wanted-" he looked down at the ground in defeat and sighed. "I wanted a family with you Luci. No one else could ever take your place! No one ever will." Luci looked at her with hurt in his eyes. "But we can't have that now. I'm sorry. I ruined our plans." He looked as though he was going to cry.

Catherine wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him tightly. "We could...if you still want to." She whispered. He pulled away from her, horrified. "Catherine! What are you saying?? We can't! You'll be marked a traitor. You cannot bare a child with a demon! You'll be thrown out of the Celestial Realm!" He snapped. "I don't care!" She snapped back. "All I ever wanted was to be with you. Angel or Demon, it doesn't matter Lucifer! I love you. I never stopped, and I never will. I'm sorry if you don't like that answer but I don't want to live a life in the Celestial Realm if it means I can't be with you! Knowing you're here, knowing you're okay, knowing that you missed me just as much as I missed you! It's all I ever wanted..." She repeated in a sad whisper.

Luci closed his eyes and inhaled deeply and then sighed. "I can't let you throw away your life like that. It's not as easy as you think to adjust to life down here. Some can handle it and some can't. I'm sorry to say that I don't think you could. I know you. You'd miss the tranquility of the Celestial Realm. The clean glistening streams, the pure crisp air, and the bright sunny days. Those are rare here. It's usually dark and gloomy, the air is stale, the streams and rivers are polluted with nasty creatures and darkness. Its no paradise." Catherine just looked at the beautiful sight in front of her. To her Devildom didn't look as bad as he described and she was willing to give it all up for him, but the more she thought about it, the more she realized he might be right. As much as it really grinded her to admit it. She didn't like when he was right. It just boosted his pride.

"I don't want to lose you again. I want to be with you. I want us to be together." She cried. Luci's heart broke. He brought her here to for the view. To make her smile, but now here he was, hurting her instead. "We can still be together." He spilled, without thinking. Catherine spun toward him in hope. "What do you mean?" She asked curiously, excited that Luci might have a plan. "N-nevermind. I shouldn't have said anything. I wasn't thinking." He muttered as he turned away from her. "Luci, tell me..." She stroked his back lightly with her fingers, trying to coax it out of him. Luci's eyes closed and he could feel himself relaxing under her soft touch. "W-we c-could start anew, but we would have to keep our relationship secret, just as before." He suggested nervously. He knew that Catherine was a bit upset that they had to keep their relationship hidden before and was worried that she would be mad if they had to keep it a secret again.

"I will agree to this, if it means I get to be with you! Even if we can never have children, I want to be yours Luci..." Lucifer turned to face Catherine and enveloped her into a tight embrace. "I'm sorry I cannot give you a son or daughter, but I hope your love for me will still be just as strong." He cried. Although Catherine wanted to become a mother, she knew that she wanted to be with Luci more than anything else in the worlds. "My love for you will never dim." She spoke softly.