The Old King 👑 Part 4

Diavolo and Aurelia walked arm and arm down the palace hallway toward the kitchen for some breakfast. Their relationship was still shaky from everything that has happened but things were starting to get better. Diavolo had decided to let Satan take Aurelia to the Devildom library today so she could get some new reading material and study for her online classes. Although Aurelia really wanted to physically be at RAD, she agreed that it be best that she attend online classes for the time being.

"Thank you Diav, thank you for letting me go out today. Are you sure you don't want to tag along?" Aurelia asked as they entered the kitchen. "I wish I could" he replied, "but I have a-" ... "meeting" Aurelia finished. She sat down at the counter in defeat and sighed. That's the one thing that didn't change, Diavolo always being busy. Aurelia stayed at the palace more and more just to be with him at night. It seemed to be the only time he was ever there and by the time he got home, it was already time for bed. "I'm sorry my love. I should have some free time tomorrow evening. We can have dinner." He smiled. "I'm holding you to that!" She smiled back.

------

After some studying, Aurelia scoured the aisles of the library for a specific book she had been missing from home. Satan assured her there was a copy somewhere in the Human World part of the library. He escorted her there, but she told him that she was okay and he could leave her alone to find a spell book he was after. He was hesitant at first, but she convinced him she would be fine for a few minutes.

She finally found the book she was looking for, "Cinderella" a classic. It was her favorite fairytale growing up and a comfort piece to read when she felt down. She reached up to grab it, but it was just out of reach. She stood on her tippy toes. 'so....close!' She thought to herself, grunting in frustration. "Need a hand?" A voice sounded from behind her. She was too afraid to turn around. She didn't recognize the voice and all she could think about was what Diavolo told her about demons being sent to kill her. She closed her eyes and waited for some sort of blow but instead she felt an arm reach up toward hers, grabbing the book to hand to her. "Here. It was fun watching you struggle at first, but it switch to pathetic pretty fast." The boy jibed. She turned to face the stranger. He was handsome, very handsome! Tall, dark, chiseled features, amazing cheek bones, forest green eyes, and a killer smile. She tilted her head in confusion. She swore she had never seen him before, but he seemed strangely...familiar? She couldn't quite put her finger on it though.

"D-do I know you?" She asked. "Maybe, my name's Zeb. I attend RAD, I'm on the Fangol team with Beel?" She racked her brain for a moment. She would think she'd remember seeing him around. "Y-yeah... That must be why you look familiar." She muttered. She really didn't pay that much attention to the Fangol team so it would make sense.

Aurelia thanked Zeb for the book and started to walk away, still slightly cautious of the large demon. "Hey, wait." He reached for her, grasping her lightly by the arm. She swirled around quickly and swatted the book at him. "Hey! Let me go!" She shrilled. "Sssh!! I'm sorry, sorry.... I didn't mean to scare you. I'm not going to hurt you or anything. Don't look so freaked." He chuckled. "What do you want?" She challenged. He just stared at her confused. "Maybe I just want to be friends. I think you're cute... But awfully suspicious..." He stated.

Despite the warnings Diavolo had given her about strange demons, Aurelia felt a sense of calmness around him. She blushed at his compliments of thinking she was cute. "I'm sorry." She whispered. "I've just had a hard time with demons lately." Zeb studied her for a second wondering what she could possibly mean. "Anyway... Do you want to go get a coffee?" He smirked. "Sorry, I can't. I have to stick with Satan. I'm only aloud to be out until 3." Just then realized she had shared too much. "What do you mean "aloud"? Zeb questioned. "N-nothing. Its nothing." She sighed. "Listen, I gotta go! Thanks again for the book, Zeb!" She left him alone in the dark isle. "What a strange, adorable human." He laughed and shook his head.

Aurelia found Satan at the check out counter, books in hand. "Hey Relia! Find your book?" He asked. "Yup! Right here!" She beamed. "Hey! Do you know a guy named Zeb on the Fangol team?" She asked. "Uuuh, oh yeah! Zeb. He's a new student! Great guy. Very nice. Why?" Aurelia looked back over her shoulder to where she met Zeb. The isle was rather dark but she could still make out his figure now shifting through the books. He stopped, looked up, and waved to her. "I just met him." She couldn't help but smile.