Siren's Call Part 11

Leviathan raced to the palace, as fast as his legs could carry him. He had to get there quickly. Before he reached the palace, a white blur had passed him up. He wasn't sure what it was, but he moved even quicker.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"Well, my little siren... I see you've survived. I should have made sure you stopped breathing when I had the chance. It's too bad you couldn't just give in to my demands. You would have made an excellent bride." Cthulhu loomed over Maris, who had shrunk to the bottom of the lake. She was injured. She tried to fight him off, but even her training with Leviathan wouldn't have been enough to stop someone of his size. She closed her eyes and waited for the blow, only able to think of Levi and how devasted he would be once he returned to find her dead.

Nothing. There was no contact. She felt a whip of water pulses and opened her eyes to find Mammon holding down Cthulhu. "Get outta here, Maris. Swim to the top! Levi's on his way for ya." He clicked... He clicked! He spoke her language. This was the first time she had heard one of the land demons speak to her. She nodded frantically and swam to the surface as fast as her damaged tail fin could manage. She emerged to see Leviathan rushing in her direction. "Maris, Maris are you alright!?" He asked. She nodded and pointed down to the bottom of the lake. Leviathan transformed and jumped into the water where he spotted Mammon. Realizing he was the reason Maris was able to get free. He joined his brother in the fight as Maris could only watch frantically from above.

A few moments later a few wet figures emerged over the hill to the lake. It was Lucifer, Diavolo, and Barbatos. Maris waved them on desperately. There was blood in the water, and it wasn't hers. Without saying a word, Lucifer grabbed Maris out of the water as Barbatos quickly opened a portal to the salt-water pool in the house of Lamentation. She didn't get a chance to find out who was injured before she dropped into the pool where Asmodeus and Satan were waiting for her. "No, no, no!!" Maris thought to herself as she swam around the pool in a frenzy. She was shaking her head and visibly upset, trying to pull herself up out of the water. "No, little lotus, don't do that. Calm down." Asmo consoled her.

He held her hand gently and sat down at the edge of the pool with his feet in the water. She looked at him with big glossy puppy eyes. She was scared and he knew it. "Everything will be okay. You're safe here. We'll take care of you... You're injured. We can help." Asmo pointed to Maris's abdomen where her scales trickled up into her normal skin. She noticed a few scales had been flaky and ripped up. She also noticed her tail fin was split down the middle. The adrenaline she felt had made her feel no pain, but now that she looked at the damage done, she grew sore and weak.

Asmo caught her arm as she practically went limp in the water and guided her to the shallow end where they could sit and Satan could work on her. They brought over some waterproof antiseptic and bandages to tend to her wounds. She leaned against Asmo and rested, but her mind was going a million miles a minute. She felt so helpless. Was Leviathan or Mammon hurt? She didn't even get to see what was happening and it was driving her crazy.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Leviathan gritted his teeth as Cthulhu dug his claws into his tail and slammed him on the lake floor. Mammon tried to pry the monster off of his little brother, but he still wasn't used to fighting underwater against someone so powerful. Leviathan clawed back, trying to free himself. He felt like his ribs were being crushed. This wasn't right. He was supposed to be the strong one. He was supposed to be the hero! He let out a terrible growl and before he knew it, he had burst into his dragon form. Mammon fled immediately! Leviathan in his dragon form was unpredictable. Mammon knew not to get in the way.

As Mammon sped toward the top of the Lake, Lucifer was on his way down. Mammon grabbed him by the arm and motioned to the swirling sand at the bottom of the lake. The expression on his face told Lucifer everything he needed to know as he raced back up to the surface with his brother. "What prompted him to do this!?" Lucifer asked. He knew how Leviathan felt about his final form and knew that he would avoid that option at all cost. Not only that, but he had not gone that far in his transformation in hundreds of years, and the fact that he was able to mean that something had triggered him.

All of Leviathan's emotions burst out of him. This shouldn't have happened... He fled from them to seek comfort in a fake world. He let this monster destroy his city, his people! He wasn't just doing this for Maris, but for those who had been tortured and enslaved because of him. He abandoned them. The guilt had eaten him alive and he had enough! This would end here and now. Cthulhu didn't give up though. Leviathan wrapped his tail around Cthulhu and slammed him into the lake bottom over and over again. He wouldn't stop squirming, wouldn't stop fighting. This should have been an easy victory seeing as how he was almost too big to even fit in the lake and Cthulhu was now just a puny creature. Leviathan had enough of this. It was over. He took his claws and decapitated Cthulhu, finally ending this monster's long, ugly reign.

Leviathan remained in his dragon form. It fought with him to be free and started to take over his mind. It didn't want to be hidden away. This is the thing he feared most. The dragon was not happy. Not only was the dragon frustrated with being imprisoned but he also was contained to such a small space that it was starting to drive him madder. His top half emerged out of the lake and let out a deafening roar that could be heard at the House of Lamentation. Maris jumped at the sound and began to panic. Leviathan was in trouble...