Another Life: Truths

Diavolo left Lucifer to decide what to do. He could either be honest with Cordelia and tell her who he truly was or he could keep living the lie he had been and risk the relationship further into it. Lucifer knew what he had to do, but he didn't know how
He didn't know when. He took a long hot soak in the tub to clear his head. The pros and cons of telling her now: They had just started their serious relationship. If he told her now and she didn't take to it well, he could just go home. Move on... He could give Bill more responsibly and just visit from time to time. It would still hurt him though knowing she was there and that she hated him or worse... Was afraid of him. He sighed as he drained the water. He was too in his head. He didn't know how Cordelia would respond, maybe she would be okay with it. Lucifer sighed, it wasn't likely.

The next morning came around sooner than he anticipated. He stayed up all night working on a project and also thinking of ways to tell Cordelia the truth. He laid down for an hour before getting up to head to the office. He texted Cordelia a good morning text and headed out. Bill was already there waiting for the upcoming meeting they had. Lucifer was going to announce that he would have to take a vacation, and by vacation, he meant to go back to Devildom to help Diavolo with another project. "Have you told Cordelia you will be leaving for a few weeks? She seems to like you a lot. I'm sure she'll miss you." Bill explained. "I am telling her tonight. I'll miss her too. Your niece is a fantastic woman. You and your wife raised her right." Lucifer agreed. "So will you be taking her somewhere nice to break the news?" Bill asked. "No, I wanted something more private. I hired a chef to cook a meal for us at my home." Lucifer confirmed.

Later that evening, a car came to pick up Cordelia. Lucifer had strung lights up in the backyard and set the table in the gazebo up for the two of them. He made sure to get some wine. He planned on telling her after a drink or two. He had never been so nervous to tell someone who he was before. He loved Cordelia very much. It baffled him that a human could make him feel that way. "Lucien?" Cordelia yelled from inside the front door. "I'm in the back!" Cordelia met him in the yard. She was wearing a cute white button-up tucked into a pink pleated mini skirt. She looked as cute and innocent as ever and it made Lucifer's stomach flip flop more than usual. The chef brought out the meal and the couple ate together in silence but Cordelia felt nervous. This silence felt different than normal. Something was bothering Lucien. "Are you okay?" She asked sheepishly. "I'm alright. Here, have another glass of wine." Lucifer poured another glass for her. "You seem really nervous." She observed. It was time.

Lucifer felt like his heart was going to leap out of his chest. Why, why was he so nervous? This was not like him in the least! He decided he was just going to come out with it. "Cordelia, I haven't been honest with you." He started. Cordelia shifted in her seat. So many things went through her mind at that moment. Was he cheating on her? Was there someone else? Was he someone else? Of course, she didn't realize the latter would be true. "My name is not Lucien Morrow and I am not from Ontario." Cordelia set her wine down on the table and looked at Lucifer unsettled. "W-what do you mean? Who are you then?" She asked with a nervous giggle.

Lucifer kept silent for a moment trying to figure out how to explain. "Who... are... you? Tell me!" Cordelia asked again, this time more irritated. "My name is Lucifer Morningstar. High-ranking demon of the Devildom. The Demon Lord's right-hand man." He stated. Cordelia's eyes widened. She stood up and backed away slightly. "No, I don't believe you." She shook. Lucifer stood as well. He was heartbroken. This was going exactly how he expected. "I'm sorry, Cordi. I just couldn't lie to you anymore. I care very deeply for you. I love you. I love you very much." - "Show me." Cordelia spoke. "Show me who you are." She demanded. Lucifer nodded slowly, he back up on the open patio and transformed right before her eyes. His horns emerged from his head and his wings unfurled from his back in a quick burst. Cordelia let out a choked yelp as she saw the scene before her. Tears strolled down her face and her shaking increased.

"Cordelia, please listen to me." Lucifer pleaded as he tried to approach her. "No! Get away from me, don't touch me." She cried. Lucifer threw his arms up and backed away from her. "I'm so sorry." He choked. "I just... I just wanted you to-" "You just wanted me to what!? What were you going to do to me?" She asked. "What? N-nothing!! I love you." Lucifer whispered. Cordelia basically had on foot in the house, ready to bolt out the front doors. She was terrified beyond belief standing here in front of "The Lucifer". He had lied to her, won her heart, and now he springs this on her... But at the same time... "D-do you really?" - "What?" He asked. "Do you really l-love me?" She sniffled. "Yes, yes I love you. I do, truly. I don't know how but I have fallen in love with a human." He announced. "You lied to me. How can I trust you? You're a demon." Lucifer nodded at her concern. "I am a noble demon. Humans have given us a bad name due to those of lower rank, but everything I have shown you has been real. I'm no different than I was yesterday aside from my appearance." He explained. Was he right? If this was truly what Lucifer Morningstar was... Just maybe...

Cordelia seemed less tense and stood firmly on the patio. She looked Lucifer up and down once or twice before speaking again. "Will you hurt me?" She asked. "Never!" He confirmed. She walked toward him very slowly, cautiously. He stood stark still letting her do what she needed. He was breathing heavily as she approached him. He avoided making eye contact, as to not spook her. She reached up slowly to touch his horns. He inhaled sharply, closed his eyes, and leaned into her touch, exhaling. His breathing was shakier than before. He was coming undone before her. How she could break down his walls and make him so timid and afraid was beyond him. He jumped a little as her hands moved to graze over his wings. He was melting under her touch and loving every second of it.

"Do they hurt?" She tilted her head as she held the horns again. "No. They don't, not anymore," Lucifer answered. What happened next shocked him to his core. She caressed his cheek and her lips met his in an instant. He slowly brought his hands up to cup her face as she kissed him, deepening their connection. All of his troubles left him at that moment. He was so overwhelmed with emotion that for the first time in decades, a tear escaped his eyes. He held Cordelia tightly and continued to kiss her delicately.