Siren Call 8

Maris made herself comfortable at the bottom of the castle's lake. There turned out to be a little alcove at the bottom that she could hide in. Leviathan had brought her some comfy, water-safe materials to use underwater so she could sleep comfortably. She was amazed at just how clean the water was and she was also very happy with her new lake mates. There were some koi fish that floated toward to top of the water but deeper down, there were glofish of many colors that illuminated the water like stars. Leviathan promised to visit Maris, but for the time being, she was all alone. She laid down in her new little bed and watched the fish swim overhead until she fell asleep.

The dark, cold water gave her goosebumps. She was being taken farther down, down into a chasm, and couldn't break free. She cried out for help but there was no one. Six tentacles slithered out from the chasm and wrapped around her fins pulling her farther and farther. She heard the maniacal laughter of Cthulhu coming from the bottom and she knew that her life would end. She struggled against it but she was growing too tired. She disappeared into the darkness... "No, No!!!" She screamed.

"Maris, Maris!" She jumped up and gasped loudly. It had all just been a nightmare. Leviathan held her, as he was the one who shook her awake. "Are you alright?" He asked. She clung to him tightly and stayed silent, so he held her closer for comfort. "It's okay, I'm here now. You don't have to worry." She looked him in the eyes, trying to be strong but her bottom lip quivered as she tried to hold back her tears. Levi sighed and pulled the seaweed covers over them both. I'll stay here with you. We can rest together." He whispered. Maris nuzzled against Levi's chest, taking in his saltwater scent, and felt safe. It only took a minute for her to fall into a deep, much-needed slumber.

Leviathan stared at the little siren laying on his chest. He was very aware of her breath tickling his bare chest and the way her lips were almost touching him. He was glad she was asleep or she would see how red he was from the intimacy. He wanted to tell her how beautiful she was, how she made his insides all fluttery. How every time he watched her on that rock and every time he heard her sing, he wanted to just run to her, grab her, and kiss her. He still wanted to kiss her, but he was too shy; too afraid of rejection. Yet, there was a little hope in him. She seemed to trust him after this short amount of time together. Once she realized who he was, she let him in and gave him her full attention. He thought he loved her... But it would be too soon to tell right? Right? He sighed as he wrapped his arms around her gently. Maybe not. He thought as he too drifted off to sleep.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

The next morning, Levi nearly fell out of the little makeshift bed remembering that the little siren had been nestled up against him hours ago. Where was she now? He looked around but didn't see her, she must have been swimming toward the surface. He made his way to the alcove entrance and looked up, shielding his eyes from the "day" of Devildom. It was always dark there but during the day, it was a little brighter, anything to distinguish the time.

He was right, Maris was at the top swimming with the koi fish. Her laughter reached his ears. They were tickling her the same way Henry did. It was a little game fish played with their friends. She was so likable and it warmed Levi's heart. A girl that was kind to fellow marine life was a girl after his own heart. "Oh, Leviathan!!" Levi snapped out of his little trance. Maris was returning to the bottom of the lake to greet him. "Thank you for coming to me last night... But out of curiosity why were you here?" She asked. "I-I-I-I wanted t-to make sure you were s-s-safe... So I stayed j-just in case..." He stuttered terribly. He was so embarrassed by his behavior. He expected her to be angry, but instead, she swam up and wrapped her arms around his torso, and nuzzled in his chest again. "Thank you." She whispered. The number of times this little siren had given him heart failure was mind-boggling. He couldn't breathe. "N-no problem." He squeaked out, patting her head awkwardly.

It was time to start Levi's training. He wanted to be able to keep his serpent for as long as physically possible. When he ruled the seas, he practically lived in it. He was rarely in his other forms at all. He was comfortable that way, but when he went back to the surface, he had no choice. Then he got sucked into all the luxuries of the surface and became obsessed with it. If he went back to his serpent form, he'd have to give that all up and he didn't want to. It had been that way for so long, even now he still wondered if this was a good idea. All he knew for sure, was that he wanted to help Maris more than anything.

"No, no Leviathan... You're straining yourself too much! This has to be a natural process!" Maris coached. "How do you expect me to do that!?" Levi shouted back. He was trying really hard to stay in his form for more than 10 minutes but it wasn't going too well. The little siren sighed as she went to pout on a rock near the coral reef. She was being very patient but Levi felt worthless because he couldn't please her. He could see her becoming tired and annoyed. She needed a break. "H-hey... Do you want to go up to the surface for a few?" Levi asked. Maris nodded and the two of them floated to the top. It was only then that Maris realized just how long they had been training. The stars were starting to immerge in the sky. It was truly beautiful.

Levi looked at Maris through his peripheral vision, he didn't want to look at her directly. She was so beautiful, glowing in the starlight. Her smile was so radiant! He thought about it again, about kissing her but his anxiety kicked in and he deflated. She noticed. She looked at him with a quizzical expression as if to say "What's wrong Leviathan?" She put her hand on his thigh and he was painfully aware of her stare. He had turned bright red as he turned his face away and clicked his tongue. "It's nothing..." Maris hoisted herself up onto the grass, carefully leaving her tail in the water, and cupped Levi's cheek. She brought his face around to look at her. She searched his eyes as she did with Lucifer. Sirens had a way of telling one's deepest desires. It was very uncomfortable, especially to him, given his deepest desires involved her. She pulled him back into the water, so he could hear her.

"Leviathan..." She whispered. He knew she saw it, what he wanted... She took his hand and led him back down to the lake's floor. Levi was trembling, he felt completely vulnerable and waited for the rejection. He just told himself to keep breathing and not to cry when she broke his heart. He closed his eyes, waiting for the blow, but what he got instead shocked him. A warm embrace, followed by a pair of wonderfully soft, delicate lips meeting his. His eyes widened but he gave in and melted into the kiss, reciprocating the action. It was everything he could have hoped for. His beautiful little siren in his arms, loving him as he loved her. He had a new determination. He would protect her from everything and everyone. He promised. With her by his side, he could do anything.