Siren Call Part 9

This chapter to me is a bunch of BS and filler. I had major writers block and I just wanted to get something out. I apologize to the people who read this BUT the next chapter will be better. I promise!

Leviathan had been spending more and more time with Maris to get ready for the impending war and one thing was for certain, he was in love with her. Because of her, he was getting better at staying in his serpent form longer, which was great. He needed to be able to battle in it. The scales were like armor and on top of that, his movements would be more fluid and faster. His motivation? The kiss they shared, the passion behind it, drove him mad. He was determined to do whatever he could for her. If she wanted it, he would make it happen. She had completely turned his world upside down. Instead of anime, manga, and games, he was trying to impress someone real. He was determined to show her what he was capable of. What he could be capable of again!

It was mid-afternoon when Levi had joined Maris in her little pond. She really made it her own. With some supplies, Levi had fished from the sea and some things he had laying around at home. Maris was waiting for him as he rounded the corner. She waved at him with her tail and happily swam in little circles. She was always so excited to see him and it made him all jittery inside.

"S-so... What are we going to do today?" Levi asked as he was submerged in the water. "Come with me!" She grabbed his arm and dragged him to the bottom of the lake. Down at the bottom lay a large nest of fish eggs
"They are going to hatch anytime now!" Maris gleamed. He could tell she was excited. "Soooo... You want to watch them hatch?" Levi asked. Maris nodded. He was ok with this.

Levi wasn't disappointed with the long wait. There were a few highlights to it. He did have to try to keep himself in serpent form for as long as he could. Today was his personal best and his reward? Well, let's just say he got more than he expected. His first kiss with Maris was something he didn't expect, but afterward, he craved it more. Today he had stayed in his serpent form for over 30 minutes. She kissed him... A lot! It was a full make-out session, to be honest.

Maris would be lying if she said he wasn't attractive in his serpent form. It was very much the type of creature she was impressed with. She even started to like his regular demon form as well, although it was more of his personality that made it attractive. She really liked him and the time they spent together was precious to her. She hadn't had fun in decades. There was no whimsy or live in the underwater city, only pain, and suffering. Levi made her feel good, he made he feel safe. He was her prince charming.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Two Weeks Later

"Leviathan?" Maris whispered. "Yeah?" He replied. "You've been doing a great job lately. You can be in this form for over an hour now!" She smiled. They were laying on the lake floor and Leviathan (in his serpent form), was holding her tightly. They were watching the little fish that hatched a while ago swim around. She had named every one of them with the help of Levi. There was Aqua and Marina, Henry the III and Louise of Lorraine, Kai, and Seine, just to name a few. They only had five more minutes to enjoy alone time before they had a meeting.

Lucifer, Diavolo and Barbatos were forming an army. Demons could breathe underwater as well, but trying to rally enough to be able to fight underwater was another thing. There would be no help from the merpeople or any other underwater dwellers. No one knew that this attack was going to take place, but they hoped that they would rebel and help overthrow their captors once they got there. Since Levi was doing so well, it may be sooner than later.

"Maris, I promise, we will save your home. Your people will be free and hopefully, we can start building a healthy relationship between land and sea again." Diavolo said as he sat in the grass with Levi; and Lucifer, who was sitting on a chair like an adult. They had been talking about plans and Maris had a pretty straightforward one: Attack in the night! Cthulhu was too vain to lose his beauty sleep and would be off guard. According to Maris, the guards weren't as focused on the outside. They were more focused on keeping people in. It would be a piece of cake, but Diavolo and Lucifer needed more convincing. The meeting went on into the afternoon and things were clear. If Leviathan could hold his form, they would attack in exactly one month.