The Old King 👑 Part 2

The king watched as his son turned Devildom into something unfamiliar. He hated being trapped underground. Diavolo lied to the people, claiming the king lost interest in the affairs above, but he loved to rule. He instilled fear into the worlds. He craved the attention, but his "loving son" imprisoned him. He vowed he would escape and have his revenge and the time had finally come! He regained his strength and was ready to take back his kingdom.

------

Aurelia finished her shower and threw on the dusty rose silk robe Diavolo had gifted her. She was suprised to see that Diavolo had returned from his meeting and was waiting for her. "My love..." He breathed softly as he kissed her hand. Aurelia smiled weakly at him "how was your meeting?" Diavolo knew she was just trying to be polite. He knew she didn't care about the meeting. She didn't care about most things since the new restrictions had been set into place. Diavolo knew she wasn't happy but he had to do what he thought was right. He had to protect her at all cost. "It was a waste of time" he admitted. "Nothing was resolved and nothing new brought to light." Diavolo had been going to meetings a lot lately. Aurelia was unaware of the subject of them, he kept them a secret from her. Even the brothers would not speak of them. All she knew is that he would come home frustrated after every one of them. She would try to push him for more information, but the more she pushed, the worse his attitude got. She sighed and sat beside him. She laced her fingers into his and laid her head on his shoulder. He seemed to relax a little as he shifted and wrapped his arms around her. "Ti amo, Aurelia." He whispered. "I love you too." Aurelia whispered back. Diavolo let out another sigh as he sank down into the bed. Even as she said it, he could see the hurt in her eyes. It made his chest tighten. He hated seeing her so down, the way she looked like she constantly wanted to cry. He wanted to wrap his arms around her and tell her everything, but he was advised against it. No one was to know about his father except the brothers, Barbatos, and a few older nobles. If others knew, even Aurelia, it could cause a panic. Aurelia got herself dressed and made her way to their bed. She sank into it, turning away from Diavolo. She couldn't look at him right now without crying. "I'm so sorry, my love..." Diavolo sniffled, making Aurelia tear up.

------

Diavolo knelt at the bottom of the throne in chains, eyes wide with fear. "Let her go! Please!!! LET HER GO!!" He cried frantically. Aurelia was on the platform above. She wore all white and had tears in her eyes. A looming figure let out a dark, cynical chuckle as it held Aurelia against her will, under a powerful spell, unable to move. The figure was that of Diavolo's father.

His demon form was monstrous. He was easily 8 feet tall, if not larger and extremely muscular. He had huge red horns that curled around his head, large sharp fangs, and black wings that shot out behind his back with sharp, rigid edges. He looked down at his son with the same glowing gold eyes and laughed "What a beauty. You've brought me quite a fine bride, my son. Perhaps she will bare me a better heir than your mother did! One who isn't so soft and weak. I don't know what went wrong with you." He snarled. "No, please....father, please don't do this! Let her go..." Diavolo pleaded again. "Don't hurt her." He whispered. "Don't hurt her like you hurt mother..." He continued to whimpered. Diavolo's father let out a terrifying cackle. "Your mother was weak, just like you. She saw the good in everyone. That was her downfall. I just needed her to produce heirs. She knew that, yet she still tried to change me. She was foolish!! She had to be disposed of. Unfortunate that her kindness passed on to you. You're a disgrace!!!!" Diavolo's father pushed Aurelia harshly to the side and pulled out a massive sword. He swung it over his head and brought it down toward his son........

Diavolo jolted out of his nightmare covered in sweat. He looked at Aurelia's sleeping form next to him. His heavy breathing subsided at the sight, knowing she was still beside him. Knowing she was still safe. His dream was a future vision, one that would come true if he didn't take the proper measures. He had to do something. He was scared, he didn't know how it would work, but things were about to get a lot worse before it would get better. He had to deal with it, even if it destroyed his relationship. He couldn't risk Aurelia getting hurt. He had to save her. After he cooled down, he cuddled close to Aurelia, making sure she was protected before he fell back into dreamless sleep.

The next morning Aurelia woke, still wrapped in Diavolo's strong embrace. She smiled to herself and nuzzled her face into his chest. He opened his eyes and smiled. "Good morning!" He croaked groggily. "Good morning." She whispered back with a warm, gentle smile. "Time to get ready for the day. I have class early this morning and I'm sure you have a busy day as well." She yawned. "About that... How about we both just stay home today, hmm?" He insisted . She looked at him confused. "Why?" She asked annoyed. "I hardly ever get to go anywhere. Are you going to stop me from going to school now too?" She quipped. Diavolo frowned at her. He didn't want to start the day off fighting, not again. It happened too often anymore. "Aurelia, please listen to me. I don't want to fight. I'm just worried about you and your safety. Things...things are just...very complicated right now." He sighed. "No! What's complicated is YOU. You have been acting so different lately. You're constantly leaving to go to meetings, you're always coming home late, you're also so snippy and short with me. You won't let me do anything or go anywhere or see anyone! I don't want to live in a bubble just because of a few jealous demons!!" She yelled. "That's not it Aurelia!!! You don't understand how much danger you are in!!"

Diavolo lost all of his patience. He couldn't take it anymore, he had to speak up. "Aurelia, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry but from now on until I say, you are forbidden to leave this palace!! You don't understand now, but soon you will. I HAVE to protect you! I have to keep you safe!!! I love you too much to let anything happen to you! Even if it destroys us... I have to do this!!!" He hollered. Aurelia's eyes glazed over, tears fell angrily from her eyes as she began to shake. "No... You can't do this to me!! I won't let you!" She cried. Diavolo was breathing heavily, but he stood strong in his resolve. His mind was made up. "I'm sorry, but you have no choice." He said as he made his way to the door. He looked back at her with pain in his eyes. "I'm sorry." He whispered as he left the room, closing the door behind him. Aurelia stood frozen in shock until she heard the clicking of a lock on the door. She ran to the door and tried pulling it open, only to realize Diavolo had locked it from the outside. "LET ME OUT!!! DIAVOLO!!! LET ME OUT!!!!" she screamed. Diavolo stood on the other side of the door crying heavily, tears streaming down his face, his heart shattering into a million pieces listening to her fearful, betrayed screams.