Another Life: Wedding

A/N: I gave up on the strike... I love writing too much and the site keeps my name and the credit still goes to me. If you are somehow reading this story on another site. Please go on Wattpad to view it... Not other sites. Idk anyway... Storytime.

It was the biggest day of Lucifer's life. It was the beginning of mortality, with his soon-to-be wife. She hadn't known that yet but he would tell her tonight before they left for their honeymoon.

He inhaled nervously as he fixed the cuff links Cordelia gave him in the mirror, looking stunning in his velvet maroon tuxedo jacket with a matching bow tie and fitted black trousers. "You look immaculate, Lucifer," Diavolo said as he placed his hand on his dearest friend's shoulder. "Thank you," was all Lucifer could muster up to say. Diavolo laughed as he sat down beside Lucifer. "Have you told her yet?" He asked. "No. I will tonight. I hope she doesn't hit me. It will hurt more once I'm 'human'." He joked. Diavolo laughed. He tried to hide the fact that he was still upset about the whole ordeal. It was what his friend wanted but he was still sad about the fact that one day soon, Lucifer would grow old and die.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Cordelia stood at the mirror in her gown, trying to smooth out the fabric. She too was taking in deep breaths, trying to calm her nerves. "Ooooh, sweetie! You look absolutely gorgeous! Are you sure you want to marry my brother? The two of us could run off together. Go to Paris." Asmo joked as he sauntered into the room. "Ha, sure let's go. Of course, Lucifer would hunt you down and strangle you!" Cordelia laughed. Thank goodness for Asmo, he knew how to keep her nerves away.

"You really do look stunning. He's going to be so happy. I hope he cries!" Cordelia almost spit her wine out as she laughed. "ASMO! Why do you want him to cry?" He laughed along with her, "Because he never cries, and if he doesn't cry at how beautiful you are and how wonderful this day will be then I don't know if he's capable of it." It seemed fair to Cordelia. She kind of hoped he would tear up, if only just a little but she doubted he would. At least in front of everyone else anyway. She took one more look at herself in the mirror before Asmo escorted her to her uncle for them to walk down the cute little DIY aisle they had made in the backyard.

They had lucked out as it turned out to be a beautiful, cool day. They decorated the mansion with delicate white and pale pink flowers. There was a tea bar complete with can't tea cups, tea cakes, and tiny sandwiches on the veranda. It was Barbatos's suggestion for Cordelia. She was in love with the idea and since it was a cool day, there were both iced and hot options. For Lucifer, they included a cigar bar with cigars from around the world out on the back deck. They had the pergola laced with ivy and more flowers, along with some white lace finishes around the seats and aisle runner, where the close knit friends and family waited for the ceremony to begin.

The music started and Lucifer stood stiff at attention, ready to see his bride for the first time. Once she emerged from around the corner, he gasped and Asmo would be ecstatic because he did, in fact, tear up. If only Mammon was allowed to have a camera. He could've taken a picture and sold it for all the Grimm in Devildom. As she approached Lucifer and Diavolo, who was officiating, she winked at Lucifer and made him smile brightly. As they said their vows and shared in the happiness, the brothers were surprisingly on their best behavior. The fact that Cordelia's family was there and had no idea that they were all demons didn't phase them at all. They understood the situation, even Mammon and Belphie.

"I love you more than words could ever express. I'm so glad you are now my wife." Lucifer whispered in Cordelia's ear after they had shared their kiss. "I love you too." Cordelia gleamed. She couldn't have been happier, although she was still feeling sad about the fact that they wouldn't be able to grow old together, that she knew of yet. They walked back down the aisle as the brothers and Cordelia's family popped little confetti poppers and cheered. Good thing they all promised to stick around and help clean up after the reception. While the couple went to take some pictures with the photographer, everyone else enjoyed some cocktails. It was pretty hard to get Asmodeus to not hit on Cordelia's best friends or her aunt for that matter, but he tried his best and his brothers also helped distract him by trying to get him in photos that he could fawn over later.

The day had been amazing! The sun was starting to set and Lucifer had a half-smoked cigar in his hand while he stood on the veranda next to Cordelia. She was sitting in her comfy chair, shoes off, and drinking her favorite blueberry green tea. They were finally alone and Lucifer thought it would be a good time to tell her about his decisions. "Cordelia, I want to talk to you about something important." He started. She tilted her head and hummed. "I know that you still feel down about our differences in aging. Am I right?" Cordelia nodded sadly, she really didn't want to even think about that, especially not tonight. "I have a solution for that. One that we can fix tonight."

That caught Cordelia's attention. "What do you mean you can 'fix' it?" Cordelia asked with a hint of anxiousness. "Tonight, Diavolo will perform a ritual. This ritual will grant me mortality. I will no longer be immortal. I will age...with you." Lucifer smirked. Cordelia was going to interrupt but Lucifer held up his hand to signal to let him finish. "I know you have questions and I know you have concerns. I already know one of these concerns, is this really what I want? The answer is yes. I have thought about this for some time. I knew that if I married you, I would want to grow old with you, to be able to have children with you and watch them grow older while growing old myself. I don't want to watch my children age while I stay the same. It wouldn't be fair. There was no doubt about that, so I asked Diavolo to grant me this one wish. He wasn't happy at first, but after some thought, he knew that you made me happier than I have ever been. He knew there was nothing he could do to convince me otherwise." He explained.

Cordelia was lost for words. She never imagined that Lucifer would really give up his immortality for her. She stood up and walked over to him, silently slipping her arms around him and hugging in his chest with tears in her eye. "I love you. So so much. I want whatever makes you happy and honestly, I am so happy. I want that too, I just didn't want to be selfish." Lucifer felt his heart do a flip. He didn't expect her to be okay with keeping the secret but he was glad she was okay with it. The ritual was pretty painless and it would be taking place in a few hours. It was time for Lucifer to finish his cigar and get ready.