Siren's Call 2

Leviathan backstroked with ease as he got his daily workout in for the day. He had been thinking of the siren he had encountered that morning. She was so beautiful, so intoxicating, but when she saw him she fled. Why did she flee?

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"Levi's been actin' strange all day! I barged into his room earlier today and he didn't even flinch. I coulda taken all his stuff and sold it and he probably wouldn't have even moved from his stupid tub. He was just starin' at the ceiling!" Mammon commented as he walked into the kitchen for lunch. "Yeah, I noticed he seemed off this morning at breakfast." Satan mentioned. "Where is he?" Lucifer asked. "He's in the pool. He's been there most of the day." Asmodeus answered. Lucifer frowned as he excused himself from his seat and went to find his brother. Unfortunately he wouldn't be going alone, the riff-raff decided to follow him to get answers as well.

They came across Levi lazily floating in the pool, staring up at the ceiling. "Ack, see, that's all he's been doin'... Starin' up at the ceiling. Moron!" Mammon mumbled. "Shut up!" Lucifer hissed. "Levi, what's going on?" He sighed as he stood at the edge of the pool, his brothers crowding in the doorway. "I was right. It was a Siren's song..." Levi replied. "What?" Lucifer asked. "A siren... The song I kept hearing in my sleep. The one you all said you didn't hear. It woke me up this morning, so I went to the beach to investigate." Levi explained. "You snuck out of the house?" Lucifer arched his eyebrow.

Levi lost his balance as he realized that he had ratted himself out. "Huh, Uuuh... Yes. What would you have done if you were in this situation?" He asked. Lucifer just stood there and hummed. He probably would have done the same if someone had interupted his sleep, what little he gets.

"No way, you saw a Siren! Aren't they like almost extinct? Are you sure it wasn't a mermaid?" Asmo asked. "She was a siren." Levi said flatly. "They look different. More fins and such. "But...." - "But what?" Satan questioned. "She fled... She didn't try to attack or anything. She was...afraid." Levi answered. "Then it must have been a mermaid, Levi. Sirens aren't one to flee, they are killers." Satan finished. "Are you trying to correct me on sea creatures, Satan?" Levi snapped. "I think I would know! They are my people." Satan rolled his eyes, "yeah... Your people. You don't even go to the sea anymore. You just stay in your room and fantasize over fictional characters." That was Levi's breaking point. He jumped out of the pool and charged at Satan, but was stopped by two pairs of strong hand. Beel and Lucifer had him by the shoulders in an instant. "Enough you two!" Lucifer yelled.

"Levi, where at the beach did you see this siren?" - "Down by the sea cliff, the rock beach. She was on one of the flats. The tide was going out soon so I went in to try to warn her, but when she saw he, she fled." - "Hmm, well next time you hear her, wake us. We'll all go see this 'siren'." Lucifer smirked. Now even Lucifer didn't believe him. He clentched his fists and broke free of his brother's gasps. He huffed and left the pool area, back to his room.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

It had been over a week and no Siren Song. Levi's brothers kept heckling him about his so called "siren" and he grew more and more angry. He had to find her again or be mocked for the rest of his long life. He decided it was time to go back to the sea and figure this out. He made his way down the the rock shore and waded into the water. It had been a while since he had gone deep into the sea and it showed. He winced at the cold and his body tensed up. He was in his demon form, but he couldn't transform any further. He would have to swim the "normie way" for now.

While exploring the sea, Leviathan had flashbacks to the days when he still patrolled and kept an eye on his people. He passed various landmarks he could remember, although now they seemed abandoned and in disrepair. Making his way closer to the city, things seemed to change. Nothing was familiar anymore. He didn't remember the underwater capitol being so dark and sad. 'What has happened since I left...' He thought as he swam toward the main gates. As he got closer he realized that the gates had changed. They weren't as intricate and beautiful as they were during his reign. Instead they were large, iron, and more like prison gates than a thriving city's.

"My sea, my people they suffer so, the wrath that he brings from down below, save us from his twisted ways, save us from our darkest days."

The song replayed in Levi's head. 'This must be what she's singing about.' He thought as he swam around the gate to try to see any weak point. He was about to give up, this place looked fortified, but then he saw slight movement toward the bottom of the gate. Tailfins. Someone was trying to back out of a small opening. He hid behind a large group of kelp.

After a moment she finally emerged. It was his siren with a bag in hand. She looked like she was going exploring. Both Mermaids and Sirens liked to find treasures and bring them back home to show their friends. It was very common, so why was she sneaking out to do it? He slowly followed behind her from a distance. He didn't want to risk getting caught and having her flee again. He didn't think he'd be able to keep up anymore, not yet anyway. She zipped passed the city and back toward the rock beach, back to where he had found her. He could hear her giggling and humming along to a happy song in her head. She seemed to be in a better mood today. It was cute.

She finally came to a stop near the shallows leading up to the main beach. It was a relief to Leviathan since it seemed that the water was warmer here than it was earlier. His muscles seemed to relax a bit and it seemed easier to shift between the first 2 of his 4 forms. He shifted back into his "human" form, free from his tail and horns and walked back to the shore to watch her.

She was rummaging through the sand. Levi saw her pick up multiple shells and rocks, just to watch her look them over and then discard them back into the water. She picked up multiple coins as well. Levi thought that's what she would be after since most always were, but she threw those away as well. 'Mammon would lose his mind. LOL!' He chuckled to himself as he watched her look for something.

'Wait! What am I doing!? She's here, at the beach! I have to call my brothers!!'
He dialed Lucifer and told him to come to the beach, but to be very, very quiet.

A few minutes passed as Levi watched his little siren pluck things out of the sand just to get bored with them, then suddenly she stopped. She tilted her head to the side and reached down in the sand. She pulled out a small glass figurine. Levi strained to see, but it looked like a little dog maybe? Whatever it was, the Siren's face lit up and she smiled brightly as she looked over the little trinket and stuck it in her bag. She continued to hum to herself and find even more little treasures. Most seemed to be little animal figures or lost toys from kids that played along the shore. 'So, she's into figures? Hmm... That's... ADORABLE!!!' he thought as he started to blush.

Suddenly he heard a crunch of rocks beneath feet. Someone was coming and they were not being subtle. The siren jerked her head up and her eyes went wide. Levi thought quickly and pulled out his phone. If his brothers were going to scare her away, he needed proof that she was here! He snapped a few pictures and took a video before she disappeared into the water. "Oi, what's this callin' us out here so early!" Mammon shouted. "No!!" Levi yelled as his brothers rounded the bend. "You idiots! You scared her away!!" He growled. "Yeah, sure we scared her away. This is pointless, there is no siren! Just give it up..." Satan yawned. "Yes there is! I can prove it, I got vide..." - "Hey what's this?" Belphie asked as he picked up a brown bag by the shore. It was hers. She must have been so scared, she dropped it. "Yes! That's her bag! See I told you it was a siren." Levi laughed. "Doesn't prove its a siren, Levi. I still think its just a mermaid." Satan stated. "You were saying you had video?" Asmo asked. "I wanna see her!" He said as he pushed up against his big brother. "Hey, back up. I'll show you!" Levi pulled out his D.D.D and played the video back. The brothers all gasped in shock. It was a siren, no doubt about it. The fins on her arms, her ears, her back. "Would you look at that." Lucifer whispered. "Beautiful!" Asmo chimed. Levi handed his phone to Beel as he walked over to collect her bag from Belphie. He would have to return it to her, but not before he filled it with lots of cute gifts.