Simeon's What!? Part 4

TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions sexual abuse/rape. Do not read if this bothers you.

Rosaline's eyes fluttered open slowly. She felt a presence engulfing her sleeping figure, but when she looked around the room it was unfamiliar. She didn't know where she was. She craned her head up slightly to see Simeon sleeping soundly. She went to pull herself up but as she did she felt a searing pain in her back. She made a loud hissing noise that jolted Simeon out of his sleep.

"Rosaline!! You're awake! I was so worried!!" He exclaimed, hugging her gently while trying to avoid her wings. "W-what is going on? Where am I? How did you find me? Aren't you supposed to be in Devildom?" Rosaline blurred out question after question. She couldn't remember anything after her time in the human world. The last thing she remembered was being attacked in the home she was staying in and then everything went dark. "You're in Devildom, my sweet." He spoke softly, not wanting to shock her too much.

She blinked a few times, confused. She was trying to make sense of all of this when her eyes widened. "Don't tell me I fell from grace!? What did I do?" She cried. Simeon soothed her by rubbing circles into her shoulders. "No my sweet, you have not fallen. You were attacked! You fell into Devildom somehow, but your wings are still as white as snow." "T-they hurt... And... I-I can't retract them! Oww!! S-Simeon, what's happening?" She sobbed. "Your attacker tried to remove them from you. How did you get away?" He asked. "I don't remember." She cried.

------

Simeon helped Rosaline get out of bed and helped her get changed into something more suitable than the nightgown he had dressed her in when they discarded her old, bloody garments. He helped her make her way to the study where Solomon and the others worked to find Malik. They were shocked to see her come through the door.

Lucifer ran to get her a chair so she could rest. "Simeon, why did you bring her here? You should have come to get us. We could have saved her a painful trip." He nagged. "No, Lucifer. I wanted to come to you. I am a strong angel and can handle some pain." She insisted. "She's always been hard headed, Lucy. She kind of reminds me of you back in the day." Simeon chuckled. Both Lucifer and Rosaline gave him a very (similar) annoyed glare, proving his point.

"What will happen to my wings?" Rosaline questioned. "They will heal, but it will take time. You are very lucky. You seemed to have escaped just in time. Anymore damage and they might have been permanently broken or worse, they could have been gone all together." Barbatos answered as he handed her a glass of water. Rosaline looked at Simeon for confirmation. He nodded his head and frowned. "He's right, Rosie. Are you sure you can't recall how you escaped? How you ended up here?" She bit her lip and furrowed her brow, trying to recall the events of her attack. "I remember some things. I was in the human world monitoring a group of troubled humans. I was sent to try to help them through their hards times. I befriended one of them. A young woman, she was pregnant and in a rather difficult relationship. She invited me into her home one night to get cleaned up..." She paused for a moment, trying to recall what happened next.

Her eyes suddenly grew wide, she dropped the glass, and she let out a disturbed gasp. "I-I was in the shower. I remember it being quiet and then suddenly someone entered the shower with me... I-it was a man... H-h-he..." Tears started to swell up in her eyes. "He held a blade to my back. It was celestial steel. I knew because of how it burned my skin. He told me if I made a sound he would kill me. H-he told me that although he's killed angels before he had never come across a target as b-beautiful as m-me. He...he pushed me up against the wall and...and..." She faltered. Tears steadily falling from her eyes. She buried her face into her palms and wailed. The group of males in the room all shared disgusted looks. She didn't have to finish her story to tell what happened.

Simeon was clutching his fists so tightly that they began to turn white and his nails started to leave deep indents in his palm, he was so angry, but she needed him. He couldn't let his anger get the better of him. Not yet. He moved to crouch in front of Rosaline and took her tear soaked hands in his. Tears fell from his eyes now as well, hearing what his fiancee had gone through.

"S-Simeon...! I remember calling out to Simeon! I was so scared. He was the only thing crossing my mind. How I just wanted him to save me. I thought I was going to die and in what I thought were my last moments, I focused all of my energy on him." She hugged him so tightly, she could have crushed his bones if he had been a mortal. Simeon's heart hurt. Even though Rosaline was here and clinging to him for dear life, he couldn't help but feel immense guilt.

"Wait!" Barbatos spoke. "That's why she's here!" They all looked at him, confused but one by one they started to understand as well. "You focused on Simeon in your moment of terror..." Lucifer spoke. "Simeon is here in Devildom..." Diavolo added. "Somehow you must have opened a portal to him! That's why you fell." Solomon chimed in. "Luke, Solomon, and Simeon were the 3 that saw you fall from the sky. Your heart was calling to him!" Barbatos finished.

Simeon was out of sorts with the revelation. He knew Rosaline loved him but he never realized how strong their bond was. His head was spinning, his love had been assaulted and almost killed but the fact that her love and faith for him were so strong that she was able to transport to him made his heart flutter. She continued to sob into his shoulder as the others whispered plans for their attack on Malik with a new, stronger vitality.

"May I please speak to Simeon alone?" Rosaline asked as she straightened herself up. The others looked at her and nodded. They left the couple alone. "What is it my love?" He asked. She stood up slowly and walked toward the nearby window. "I can't marry you, Simeon." Simeon's eyes grew wide "What!? Why??" He exclaimed. "I-I am no longer pure... I was defiled. I am not longer clean, I'm a disgrace." Rosie whimpered.

A heartbroken expression crossed Simeon's face as another tear rolled down his cheek. He closed the distance between them and pulled Rosaline in his embrace. "Its not your fault, Rosaline. I love you. I love you more than anything in the 3 realms. This man is going to pay for what he did. Whoever hurts you, hurts me too. I'm just sorry I couldn't be there. Maybe if you hadn't have gone alone..." Simeon faltered. "I chose to go alone, Simeon. Even if you weren't here, I would have had you stay behind. I'm an adult. I don't need my bodyguard 24/7." She stated. "Maybe he's the one who needs you." Simeon whispered, still holding her tightly.