13 - Letters

I've decided to stop spelling out numbers its annoying

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Izuku Midoriya pov

I stared at the fish held between my chopsticks wide eyed. It was a week after the practical exam for UA high school, which I utterly failed at, with still no sign of anything. No letter, email, or website posting scores or acceptances, or in my case, turn aways.

"Izuku?"

"..."

"Snap out of it?! Izuku?" I heard my mother's voice faintly.

"Why are you smiling at that fish? Should I be worried about you hunny?" my mom asked with a great amount of concern on her face.

"Oh! Sorry no. I just spaced out for a minute!" I frantically reassured her.

I resumed eating the food in front of my rather quickly. Truth is I didn't space out. I was way too stressed about my test scores for UA, I hadn't scored a single point on the practical and I wasn't mentally prepared for the defeat of not being accepted.

My mom stared silently at me as I ate my food. She kept a close eye on me to make sure everything was fine before leaving me to do the dishes.

When I was done I sat on the couch and started doing hand curls with my spring. I stared straight forward zoning out in my own misery. I even had a bit of drool seeping out of the side of my mouth.

'Ever since the exam I haven't been able to get in touch with All Might or (Y/n). I think that they're both so disappointed with the outcome of my test that they've stopped talking to me.'

My mom noticed my sunken face and made an attempt to cheer me up.

"I know waiting for the results is terrible." she smiled, trying to comfort me.

"I guess." I plainly replied.

"No matter what I just want you to know I'm proud of you and I think you're really cool sweety!"

"Sure." I let out an airy sigh.

I then picked up the small weight that was by my foot and started doing curls. My mom had left the room and gone outside to get fresh air.

Suddenly the living room door flew open with my mom crawling on the ground. Soon after (Y/n) also came crashing in with two white envelopes in her hands.

"Geez Mama Inko you're fast!" (Y/n) panted.

"Mom? (Y/n)?" I questioned turning towards the both of them.

"A letter! Izuku they came! Izuku look you got a letter! They're here, your test results from UA!" my mom squealed as she shimmied across the floor.

"Yeah look!" (Y/n) yelled outstretching her hands to show the two letters better.