20 - Big News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) POV

Izuku and I walked together to the train station. Though I had been living in Japan for almost a year, I had never ridden the train. 

"(Y/n), have you really never taken the train before?" Izuku asked me as we walked into the station. 

"Heh, yeah," I replied, slightly embarrassed. "In Canada everything is different and I lived in a more mountainous region. My school was within walking distance so I never really had to travel too far."

"Oh really? Though skateboarding to school must take forever, doesn't it?" Izuku asked.

"Not always. I mean if I'm skating the traditional way, yeah, but my skateboard is electric and can reach the speeds of a car. So going that fast, it only takes me 5-10 minutes or something to get home." I explained.  

"Oh wow. That's so cool!" Izuku beamed. 

"Yeah." I chucked. "I can show it to you some other time better." I offered. 

"I would like that yes!" 

Izuku took me to a machine that was supposed to give me a card or something. It would act as a train ticket I could use over and over again as long as I put credits on it. I just imagined it as an arcade card, where I had multiple plays I could use on different games. 

I paid for just one trip and moved onto the gate where people were coming in and out. 

Izuku swiped his card quickly and moved through to the other side. I stood there dumbfounded while people pushed past me quickly. 

"IZUKU HELP!" I yelled. I was being tossed around in the rush hour madness by people trying to get home or just traveling. 

'AAAAAAHHHHH' I mentally screamed. I was not expecting taking the train was going to be so hard. 

"Pft (Y/n)," Izuku laughed at me.

"Don't laugh! Help me!" I cried again. 

"Just move up quickly to the machine, swipe your card, and move through the glass doors." my green-haired friend instructed me. 

"Easier said than done!" I said fake crying. 

"Just push through like everyone else."

Though I was hesitant to push people, I did what I was told. I carefully weaved my way around people, not wanting to shove anyone, and reached the machine of hell. 

I swiped my card in the designated area and...

"Please try again." A woman's voice spoke from the machine. 

"IZUKU IT DIDN'T WORK!" I pleaded. 

I continued to swipe my card, each being followed with a declining response.