36. Inmortui

⚠️IMPORTANT!!! FOR THIS CHAPTER AND GOING FORWARD MHA IS SET IN 2200!!!! And (Y/n) is originally from 2020, so any dating math will be from this year

This chapter does not follow the MHA storyline. From here on Shifting will focus on the main plot of this book, the plot that makes it different from other stories, and the plot that will destroy some of you guys emotionally :) <3

Anyways- this summer I plan to try and write more but I'm also taking course advancement, got a job, and am trying to be more organized in my life. I'll most likely update faster than I have been doing- but with that being said it might not be as fast you you might like.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrator pov

"I swear to god I'm going to murder him...," You mumbled as you walked out of the boys' hospital room.

You began to walk down the blank hospital hallway until you heard your name being called from behind you.

"Ah (Y/n)."

You turned around to be met with Hawks, your technical teacher during your time during the internship. You were expecting that he was the person that wanted to meet you after you were done, but as to why you couldn't quite pin.

Your first thought was that he wanted information about what you were called in for and what exactly happened in Hosu, so you started off instinctively with a joke.

"Hawks... oh am I glad to see you," you chuckled sarcastically.

You expected him to reply with his own snarky words, yet he just stared at you with an unchanging serious face.

Your own expression dropped as you took in the feeling of the moment. Something wasn't right.

After a moment Hawks spoke again, "(Y/n), I need you to come with me."

You walked forward to meet him in the hallway and stopped only a few feet short.

"And what reason do you need me for?" You asked, truly not knowing his intentions.

Hawks sighed, "That is something you'll find out once we get there." Hawks turned his heel and began walking toward the elevator.

You paused for a moment before you speedily walked to catch up. The elevator arrived and you both entered without exchanging any more words. Hawks' mood didn't invite you to ask any more questions so you decided to keep quiet. If anything happened you were more than able to deal with it.

You and Hawks left the hospital and walked towards a parked sleek black car with tinted windows. A man in a suit, bodyguard fashion, opened the back door for the two of you as you climbed inside.

The driver then got into the front seat and began to drive.

"It's going to be a long drive, so you can relax in the meantime," Hawks finally broke the silence after a few minutes. Though his words were simple they were somewhat harsh like he actually didn't want you to relax.