26 - Reflections

⚠️THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS S*LF HARM AND EVEN MENTIONS OF SU*CIDE! THESE WORDS WILL NOT BE CENSORED GOING FORWARD SO CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!⚠️--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) pov

I was discharged from the hospital the very next day. Thankfully I was released with the note that I had no injuries and everything was normal.

Mr. Aizawa drove me to my large house and dropped me off, not before saying goodbye with a hug.

"Ok kiddo, you can choose to go to school tomorrow if you want, but if you want a cool down you can wait a bit. Don't push yourself too hard, and remember to eat, and you don't need to do any homework you missed and-" I cut Mr. Aizawa off with another hug.

"Don't worry I'm fine! Though I don't think I'm going to pass up the opportunity to miss school tomorrow, I have a math test..." I mumbled the last bit.

"Ha," Mr. Aizawa laughed. "Ok then, don't get into trouble."

Mr. Aizawa said one last goodbye then headed back to his car and drove away. I turned to my large log cabin and sighed, "This place is too big for just one person."

I shook my head and walked up the driveway anyway. Once I reached the front door I unlocked it and closed it behind me. The smile I'd been holding immediately dropped.

I shuffled over to my bathroom, shut the door and leaned against the sink countertop, my hands twisted sideways supporting my weight. I stared at myself in the mirror. I had some dirt on my face because for some reason the hospital didn't clean me, a scar now running through my lips (which I thought looked quite badass), and my eyes... When I looked in my eyes I didn't see me. It was weird. I knew they were my own (e/c) irises staring back at me, but they didn't have that glint, that shine they did before that made me... me.

As I stared at myself I started to think about the images I'd seen, that vision I'd endured not too long ago. The belief that this was all a dream and I'd wake up in my world might as well have been the last string holding me together. But these images were like a blade and that blade cut straight through those last remaining hopes.

Before I knew it my eyes started to sting and I could feel the singe of hot tears rolling down my face. My lips started to quiver and I shattered.

I started crying, waves of thoughts crashing my mind.

'I'm really here, stuck here in this world...'

'It's not even all that great.. People get hurt... people I now care about can really die!?'

"I can't even go home because I'm stuck in some stupid coma!" I yelled out.

These negative thoughts penetrated my sanity. Somehow I managed to collect myself before a complete mental breakdown and decided to take a shower to calm my nerves.