32 - Unfashionably Late

HAHAHAHA! The cliffhanger on the last chapter pffff- but I'm kinda excited for this chapter and the next few to come!! (my editor and I talked and laughed about it for so long-)

The Hero Killer arc will be in a few parts but I'm not labeling them 1, 2, 3, etc. This chapter may not be great... since it's hard for me to write without an episode as a reference since the anime/manga centered itself around Izuku's internship... so enjoy my raw ideas...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrator pov

"Shiiiit, shit, shit, shit, shit!!!!" You muttered to yourself as you ran down the streets of Kyushu, Japan.

"I'm late, I'm late! For a very important date!!!" You screamed as you weaved in and out of people, dodging kids and cars alike, not a care for your life at all. You continued to knock into people as you ran, shouting apologies but not stopping for a moment.

Now, why weren't you teleporting? One, you stayed up all night worrying about what you would do today and planning your introduction word for word. Two, you were an idiot who forgot she could restore her energy with a thought and then teleport- but that's beside the point.

??? pov

I stepped out of my hero agency with one of the UA students I had chosen as an intern. Unfortunately, my other intern seemed to be late or didn't choose me... which is highly unlikely since she accepted my offer.

I looked at my present intern, "Where's (L/n)? Is she not coming?"

The intern looked down the street a few times before answering. "I'm not sure... she isn't usually late. I heard she was very excited for your internship so I don't see her reasoning for skipping, though maybe she ran into villains on the way here and had to stop them."

"Yeah... wait villains!? She's not allowed to use her quirk without a license!? I-"

"Sorry to interrupt you," my intern cut me off. "but (Y/n) actually does have her license..."

"First name basis~... wait- what-" I stared at him dumbfounded.

"Yeah, she revealed to us in class one day that she had her license and stuff," my intern ignored my previous teasing. "Honestly, I'm not sure myself of the whole story since she forgot to explain like she promised everyone..." he sighed.

I placed my hand on my chin, "I'm not going to question why she's doing internships if she's already a pro, let alone how she's a pro already... but I'll just say she's perked my interest even more!"

"Do you think we should leave without her? I'm sure she'll find us," the intern suggested.

"I think we should wai-"

"WAIT! I'M HERE! I'M HERE! HAWKS PLEASE DON'T LEAVE WITHOUT ME!"

Narrator pov