25 - Realities

What

What... another chapter so soon? Is something wrong with me? NO! I just really wanted to get this one out of the way while I still had writing spirit!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"(Y/n)... (Y/n)..."

'What... What just happened? Who- who's saying my name?' I groaned mentally and tried to open my eyes. 'Why does that voice sound so familiar?'

"(Y/n)... (Y/N)!" I was jolted awake by a hard push. My eyes finally opened, and I felt like I was falling... probably because I was.

I fell to the ground, square on my butt, "Ow... what?"

I tilted my head up to see who had pushed me. It was someone who I could've never expected, someone I'd been longing to see for over a year now...

"Akemi?" I asked, as my eyes adjusted.

My eyes focused and the light that was limiting my vision died down. There in front of me stood my brown-haired friend, Akemi. The real Akemi, not the skateboard or some mannequin I'd created, though I couldn't be so sure of that. But this Akemi felt real, it- it was Akemi.

Akemi crossed her arms and laughed. "Yes stupid! Will I have to wake you up every day after class? We're the last ones here again."

"Oh- ok." As I stood up I looked around. I was back in my same middle school classroom, the same backpack I carried then placed beside my desk, and my notebook opens on it.

I started to quickly shove my things inside of my backpack but stopped when I got to my notebook. There on the opened page was a half-finished pencil drawing of Jiro, the date: June 15, 2020.

My eyes widened, 'Wait 2020? The 15th? What-what's going on. Don't tell me that was all a dream?!'

"(Y/n) come on, we've got tons of homework to do and you said your aunt would be home early today," Akemi complained behind me.

"Yeah- yeah coming." I quickly shoved my notebook into my bag and closed it. I swung the bag over my shoulder and followed Akemi out of our classroom.

As we walked at a fast pace, I studied the halls, 'I guess shifting really is just a dream state. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up that I'd be actually there. After all, it's just a show.'

Eventually, we got outside and walked all the way to my house. The front door looked foreign to me now, like a view I'd never thought I'd see again.

"Make sure you do your homework! Pages 55 and 56 for math and we have a reading log due Friday ok!" Akemi said goodbye and left me at my doorstep.

'Pages 55 and 56? Friday?' A wave of déjà vu swept over me. I could've sworn she told me that already, the day I went home and shifted... she said those exact words.