38. Nostalgia

Hey

Hey... how y'all doing...? I'm honestly so sorry for taking such a long break (It's been 5 months...) I'm so so so so soooo busy, but I love this book so much... AND DON'T WORRY IT WILL NEVER BE DISCONTINUED!

If any facts about (Y/n)'s home location or school don't match up with the first chapter I apologize. I'm not really gonna check but those first few chapters didn't really matter anyway and I'm eventually gonna go back and change them.

slight trigger warning (not much tbh): mentions of events from chapters Realities and Reflections mentioned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrator pov

The news of your coma shocked Akemi 6 months ago. The doctors said it was because of your bookshelf falling and hitting you in your sleep, but something about it didn't feel right.

Nearly every day during these 6 months, Akemi visited your hospital bed from 4-8 pm. Doing her homework with you, updating you on the drama in school, how the girls who used to bother you participated in the fundraising for your care, and how the community came together to cover your medical bills was how Akemi spent most of her time.

Other days when she'd have a bad day at school she'd cry at your side and wish, pray, to anyone who'd listen to her to wake you up. Her tears would always fall in vain though and became more painful on the days when your health spiked.

A month after you fell into your coma your body had a seizure. The reason has still yet to be found and your body seemed normal otherwise. However, this wasn't the last time it happened. Again a few weeks later and now, the worst one yet.

Y/n pov

It's dark. It's empty. It's cold.

The feeling of being alone in your own mind, your own void of existence. But then, the light at the end of an otherwise pitch-black tunnel draws you in. The warmth, familiarity, and peacefulness of it was enticing. You moved towards it. How? You didn't know nor care. As the light came closer you began to feel happier, as if you were returning home to something, to someone.

*RIIIIING*

A muffled school bell rang in the back of your mind. Your eyes were closed and you didn't seem to be able to open them.

"Akemi, let's go."

Your eyes opened to the sound of the familiar name.

You were in a classroom, but... not in the classroom. You felt as though you were looking at the dimly lit room from a third point of view. There but not fully there. The whiteboard at the front of the room, American flag off to the right by the door, and a brown-haired girl sitting in one of the neatly lined wooden desks froze you.

'Akemi...?' Your eyes traced her figure, her back to you as you watched one of your classmates walk up to her.

Jack, a mutual friend of yours, a kind boy with dark brown hair and soft clear skin called out to Akemi.