17 - Extra Credit (Canadian edition)

Here's another update yay!!! Plus I'm almost done with school and finals which will mean more updates ya'll!!!! And I'm re-using a gif I know pathetic 🥲

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrator pov 

Once (Y/n) had come back from checking on her defeated classmates, Midnight announced the selection for the next match. 

"Ok well then. There are only two contestants- *ahem* I mean students, left to gain potential extra credit. Well technically three, however, Sero will be taking this opportunity to learn instead of battle." Midnight started, turning towards the tape boy when she mentioned him. 

He looked a bit startled but calmed down when he realized he wasn't being chewed out for basically chickening out of fighting (Y/n). 

"Now out of you two," Midnight gestured with her hands towards Bakugou and Todoroki, "who wants to go next?"

Neither of them answered right away. They just stood in silence thinking over the option. Well really one of them thought it over while the other was too stubborn to go first since they wanted to end the series of fights with the most "impressive" one. 

"Well since neither of you will step up, how about (Y/n) decides who she will fight next." Midnight suggested as she turned towards the girl. 

(Y/n) thought for a few seconds, looking both boys up and down to get the gist of their feelings towards the situation. She knew full well how Bakugou felt about being last, and that Todoroki truly didn't care that much who went first. 

Then she made her decision, "I choose you Zangoose!" 

"..." Everyone stared at (Y/n) with confused, weirded out, and just dumbstruck faces. Bakugou though did show a sign of a forming smile which quickly went away. 

"What? No... don't tell me... you don't know what Pokemon is do you..." (Y/n) said, looking horrified at everyone around her. 

Usually, because of Midnight's age and canonically when she was born, she should know of Pokemon. However, judging Midnight for the person she is, it is safe to assume she never thought once about Pokemon as a kid. 

"Wow you uncultured people. You know what when this is all done we're going to have one long conversation about this." (Y/n) said, crossing her arms and turning her back away from her teacher.

"Yes (Y/n), but we still need to know who you chose," Todoroki spoke up, in his normal monotone voice. 

"You dimwit. You. I chose you." (Y/n) sighed and hung her arms low. 

Todoroki blinked a few times trying to analyze what (Y/n) had just called him. He assumed it was an insult and silently stepped up to meet (Y/n) inside the yellow square.