Seventeen || You Are So Adorable

"What are you doing here?" I barely say.

"I really need to explain to you what happened at graduation" Talia says, crossing her arms over her chest.

"No" I snap, "You broke my trust and so did Zeke, you are both in the wrong and you both don't deserve the chance to explain" I take a deep breath.

"But I--"

"Wait. Before I tell you to never come back here again; are you attending this college?" I ask.

She looks me dead in the eye, her green eyes darken.

"No. I'm on the other side of the city" she replies.

"That is great. Now get out and never come back" I say, slamming the door.

I turn around and face pair of blue eyes I dreaded to see. I look away and move around him, but he blocks me. I move around the side, but blocks me again.

"What?!" I say, irritated.

"What's going on, Vena?" James asks, grabbing ahold of my forearm.

I don't say anything.

I pull back and he lets go. "Come on, you can tell me" he tries again.

I think about what he had said and I can already feel my blood start to boil.

I up up at him, "Why should I?" I start. "You don't tell me anything! You are more closed off about your life than I am. And how do I know that you won't go blabber my personal life to Grant? Mm? There is a reason why we don't discuss these things! We are roommates! Nothing more, nothing less. Do you get that?!" I yell.

He takes a step away from to me, "Believe me I know. That is all we will ever be and I am completely okay with that! But, you know, Vena, sometimes people need someone to be there for them, whether they want it or not!" he yells.

"Really? Does that only apply to other people and not you, because it seems like you close out everyone" I say.

He runs a hand through his brown hair, "I can't just go around telling people about my problems, it's not that easy" he says.

"Why not?" I ask.

"It's not that easy" he repeats. He moves around me and slides on his Vans and grab his coat off the ledge and opens the door and leaves in one swift movement.

What is he hiding?

~

At the moment, I am making myself some dinner since James isn't home and I doubt he'll be back anytime soon. I fill the large bowl up with water and set it on the stove and turn on the heat.

Just as I am reaching to get the pasta out of the cupboard the front door flies open reveling a very drunk looking James.

What has this world come to?

James stumbles into the living, trying to sit down on the couch but fails miserably and falls flat on the floor. I step away from the cabinet and turn off the heat on the stove. I walk over to the couch and see James lying there looking like he saw an an alien or something.

"James" I say.

He just continues to stare off into space. "James!" I shout again.

How much alcohol did he have?

He looks at me with these droopy eyes and a slated smile. I help him up on the couch; which was a task and a half.

He reaches out and grabs a lock of my brown hair and twirls it around his finger, "You are so adorable" he slurs.