Fifty Five || Christmas Tree

James fell asleep a little while ago. I have a class in about an half hour and I don't want to wake him up. Ever since this morning, he has seemed overly tired. Grayson hasn't called and I am hoping to god that he didn't chicken out.

This is one of the classes that I take that just because I wanted to, not because I need to, which would be creative writing.

I love this class the most out of all the ones so chose. I can actually let my mind wander.

Ryder is still awake, watching the television. I invited him over here because I think that sometimes he just gets lonely, being with no one all the time. As I looked at him, he is all cuddled up in his blanket.

I unravel James's arms from around my body and stand up, stretching my arms. Ryder noticed me get up, looking away from the screen.

I grab my phone out of my bag and leave the living room to make a call.

I dial the number and wait as it rings. "Hello, Sweetheart," my mom answers.

I smile, "Hey,"

"So, are both of you able to make it here on Christmas Eve?" she asks.

I want to laugh, "Mom, we already had this conversation."

She laughs, "Oh, that's right. I might forget some things, oh well," I hear as she is shuffling around.

"Okay, so how are you two anyways?" she asks.

I knew that a question like that would come pretty early in this conversation. "We're good," I assure her.

"Are you sure," she pushes.

I shake my head at her, "Yes, Mom, we are good."

"I just wanted to make sure because I don't want any fighting this year," her tone turned stern slightly.

That's funny if she thinks there isn't going to be any fighting. James and I are bound to argue about something during the two days we'll be here.

Half of my brother don't even know that I am dating James and I sure as hell know that they are going to start something up about it. The last time James and Orlando were in the same room, someone got hit, so it would be great if that didn't happen again.

Chances are is that someone is going to egg someone else on and a fight will break out because boys will be boys.

"Yes, Mom," I just agree with her, I didn't want to upset her days before the holidays.

This conversation did remind me of something I still have to do: put up the Christmas tree and it's three days until Christmas.

I look into the living room and James and still sleeping there, but he fell over onto his side.

"Okay, so we'll see at lunchtime on the twenty fourth?" she asks.

I nod even though I know she can't see me, "Okay."

We said bye and hung up. Our conversations over phone have been short and sweet. I wonder if James even remembers the we are going to my parent's house for Christmas, I mean when I told him, he was in the middle of trying to have sex with me.

I enter the living room and Ryder is standing up, setting the blanket on the chair. "I am going to head out," he tells me.

I nod, "How do you plan on getting home," I ask, actually wondering. He rode here with James and I. Now that I think about it, I don't think that Ryder even has a car, but that's alright. This is New York City, it's not like a ton of people drive cars anyways.