Fifty Six || Wake Up

Grayson's Point of View.

I'm not going to lie, this is the most nervous I have ever been in my life, but I suppose that I do deserve it. Throughout this entire mess, I couldn't stop thinking about how angry Leah is going to be about all this. What Vena said to me was helpful, but I don't think I can leave her while she yells at me when I know I deserve it.

I remember the day when this happened to Vena. I was will her when she saw the two of them. I remember seeing the tears in her eyes and the hurt on her face. Back then, Zeke was her everything. She loved him and she thought that he loved her, but clearly not. That night after graduation, we skipped the after party and went to her house. I wasn't going to let her be alone because I knew deep deep down that no matter how hurt she was by him; she would still try to get him back.

That night, I held Vena in my arms until she cried herself to sleep. I knew that in that moment she didn't want to consoled, she just needed someone to be there for her I was. When Vena went through something so terrible like that, how could I let it happen to Leah.

How could I let it get this far? 

During the whole drive here, I thought I was going to pass out and I am surprised that I didn't. I think that I am going to go crazy with this whole thing.

Approaching Leah's door made my stomach turn and made my throat go dry. I wish I could just disappear.

I knock on the door and it was only seconds later I hear footsteps, "I'm coming," Leah's voice says.

She opens the door and I see her. Before, only her voice made me cringe, but now that I am seeing her I wish I crumple into a ball and roll away. I started seeing spots, but I decided to ignore them.

"Is something wrong, Grayson," she gets my attention.

My eyes focus on her worried face. She shouldn't be worried about me, she should be yelling and screaming a me.

I just nod and pass her, walking into her kitchen. I quickly scout the room for any people and look back at her. She shuts the door and turns to me, "What's going on Grayson? You look like you're going to be sick," she tells me. The spots started getting more intense.

"That's because I am," I say out loud when I didn't mean to.

She rushes over to me, but I'm not quite sure why.

My vison begins to go blurry and before I could say anything or sit down, darkness filled the room.

_

_

"Grayson!" I hear a voice in the far distance.

"Grayson, Baby please wake up, " I heard the voice getting closer.

I feel as I open my eyes, but they are completely out of focus. When they do focus, I see the floor and legs on chairs and tables. Where am I?

"Grayson!" I hear Leah's voice yell for me. I turned my head and looked at her and tried to sit up, but couldn't. My body feels like it's filled with bricks.

She notices my eyes open, "Are you okay?" she asks.

I feel okay besides the pounding migraine I have. I nod to her.

"I tried to catch you, but you just went down like a rock," she put her hand on the side of my face.

I smile to her a little, but then remembering what I came here to do again, made me feel sick all over again.

"Can you help me get up?" I ask.

she nods and goes above head and starts to lift my shoulders up. I try to help her but I feel very weak.

She pulled me up so I was leaning against the kitchen cupboards.

"Tell me what is going on," she sits down beside me.

I sigh, you're not going to like it. I nod anyway.

"Remember last night when I went out and you stayed in?" I ask and she shakes her head yes.

Here we go. Lets just hope that I don't pass out this time.

"Well, I went to one of those frat parties and got pretty drunk," I start with and look at her.

Her face didn't look too surprised but this is just the beginning.

"I don't know what happened because I don't remember much. I don't know if maybe I thought it was you, or maybe I just couldn't think straight, but I ended up sleeping with someone there."

I decided to make it short and simple, not wanting to mistakenly paint her a picture. I look at her face and she looked stunned, but she didn't say anything. Why isn't she saying anything? This isn't what Vena said would happen, niether James. Why isn't she shouting at me or even hitting me?

It was at that very moment that I saw a tear run down her cheek.

"Leah, I'm really sorry," I say.

She takes her sleeve in her hand and wipes away her singular tear.

"How can you say you're sorry? You cheated on me." she whispers faintly.

I wish I could know more of what she was thinking. No reaction is much worse than having one.

"I wish I could take it back, Leah. I really wish I could," I tell her. Why did I have to go out last night? why couldn't I have just stayed here with her?

She shakes her head, "I think you should go," she tells me, not looking at me. I nod and stand up, when I did, my legs still feel unsteady.

Leah's hand immediately went up to hold onto my leg to hold me steady. She removed her hand probably right after she realized that she was helping her cheating boyfriend.

I look back at her one last time without saying another word to her. I shut the door me quietly.

Throughout entire conversation, I was expecting yelling and I didn't get and it and that makes just that much more afraid of losing her.

_____________________________

Onwards to the next chapter ☞

–BWS❄️