Fifty || Get Out

Lol, I'm back

___

As I look down at the grocery list, James had written some things and I can not read his handwriting at all. Also, there is no way that I will know what they are anyway, simply because of the fact that his parents are well known chefs, his skills are pretty up there, unlike mine.

Honestly, I hate driving in NYC. The traffic is hell and everyone are assholes. Public transportation is a lot more efficient when trying to get around the city. The college is only a little ways down the road from the apartment and it's not like that road is as busy as Fulton Street.

The truth is that I don't usually do the grocery shopping. James is the one who cooks so it only makes sense for him to shop for the food. This usually isn't my problem. How the hell am I supposed to know what Dukkuh is? What on earth is that a name of a recipe or some ethnic spice? If so, I don't think they even sell it grocery stores.

I stroll down the aisle, leaning on the bar of the cart, pushing my foot to the floor, slowing gliding down the rows of necessities. If I can't find this stuff for him, then he's just going to have to get it himself.

I collect all the items that I am actually familiar with on my list and make my way to the checkout. As I put my items on the conveyor belt, I look up and witness a face that I vaguely recognize.

"Hey, it's you," the cashier grins at me. She starts to ring through my items.

I really want to remember her name but I just can't. I can place her face, just not a name. I smile back, "I'm really sorry, but I can't remember your name," I apprise her.

She chuckles, "That's alright, you wouldn't remember most of the things you did that night. You were pretty hammered."

My eyes go wide. Flashes of the events go through my brain. A roof?  Drinking with Ryder? Looking up and seeing James? They were all there, I just can't remember exactly what happened. I know that I had a conversation with this girl, but I just can't recollect what exactly happened.

"It's Creana by the way," she continues to do her job. I feel so bad for not being able to recollect what happened that night.

I shake my head at my terrible decisions from that night. "Well Sober Vena has never met you, but if this were drunk me, I would be offering you a drink by now."

She chuckles at my terrible joke. "Well, it's great to meet you Sober Vena," she scans my last item.

I smile at her, "And to you too, Creana," I hand her three twenty dollar bills, taking the bags in my arms.

Right before she hands me my receipt and change, she gives me a piece of paper with a number on it. "Here you go, I think it would be great if we hang out sometime."

I nod, "Yeah, that would be great," I grab the piece of paper from her and slip it into my purse.

"See you later," she waves me off as I leave from her till to the doors.

I nod to her, smiling since my arms are too full to wave.

_

_

As I push my way through the doorway, I kick to door shut behind me. I drop all the bags to the floor. I turn around and lock the door behind me. The place is completely silent from the moment I shut the door. I guess James is still out, I mean it's a little bit after one in the afternoon and his class ended at noon.

I'm not worried or anything, I'm sure he's busy doing errands. I'm not going to keep tabs on the guy.

I take advantage of this free time I do have. I can never get anything done with James around.