Twenty Four || Live a Little

I stand there for a second, shocked. I can't answer this question because I don't know the right answer.

"I can't answer that" I look down, avoiding his eyes.

He nods, "I understand", he grabs my hand, "I just want you to know that I will be waiting" he smiles.

I smile, "I know James. It's just that, I can't do this-"

"VENA THE PHONE IS FOR YOU" Charley's loud voice yells from the kitchen.

I hop off of James's bed and out into the kitchen. "Who is it" I try to catch my breath from the sudden rush.

He smirks, "Orlando". He passes me the phone and continues making lunch.

I take the phone and open the door to the terrace. I bring the phone up to my ear as I shut the door. It's now or never.

"Hello?" I say. I glance up and see a couple making out against the glass door in the building across from me. That is disgusting, the least the can do is get a curtain.

"Hi, Vena" Orlando says in his usual business voice. Oh great.

"Hi..." I hope he's not trying to make some deal with me because I remember when he did that when we were kids and he cheated me out every single time.

"I called you to apologize for my actions on James. I couldn't hold back my anger when he kissed you like he did" his voice cracks a bit. I am his little sister, I can't blame him.

"What do you mean by 'when he kissed you like he did?" I ask.

I lean on the rail and wait for his response. I didn't know there was a certain way he kissed me.

"The way he kissed you was like he was in love with you and the way he looks at you is the every man looks at a person they are in love with" he chuckles to himself, "I should have known better that he would gain feelings for you".

I don't say anything because there was nothing to say, because everything he said was true except for the 'He's in love with you part' because I knew that James was certainly not in love with me. He just liked me.

"Listen Vena, Kase is calling me so I got to go, but I just wanted you to know this" he says, "Bye" and he hung up just like that.

Kase is his wife. My brother is hopelessly in love with her.

The sound of the door sliding bought me out my thoughts. The smell of James's cologne was absolutely intoxicating. The way the fresh air and him smelt together was fantastic.

I felt as his arms caged me in between the rail and his body. I try to not lean into him, but his body was so close to me that the heat was radiating off him.

He breathed on my side on my neck, "Are you okay?" I breathes.

I shake my head, "No" I whisper.

His hands were inches from mine on the rail. He moves them over and rests them on top of mine. "What's wrong, my darling?" He asks softly.

I look out at the busy streets of New York. It was always this way. Always busy.

"Sweetheart" he whispers in my ear.

I turn around, my hands leaving underneath his. I was inches away from his face.

"No James. This is the problem" I gesture to us.

He gives me a questioning look, "What do you mean?"

"I mean your feelings. You just had to tell me right? Now I am completely confused and there is no way in hell I am going to be able to concentrate in classes until I figure my own" I began, "You just had to tell me" I mutter.