Forty Two|| A Dilemma

Hey guys, please vote for this chapter. Thanks.

______________________

A few hours after dinner, James told me he was going to bed. I, on the other hand had a lot of stuff to do, mostly revolving around my classes.

Just as I was turning off the T.V. my phone rang loudly. I fumbled to pick it up and answer it.

"Hello?" I said quietly.

"Vena, can you come over for a bit. I need to talk to you, now" Grant's tired, struggled voice spoke out.

It really did confuse me with him asking me this. I wasn't really a good friend of his. It was my boyfriend that was the best friend of his.

I wasn't going to ask any questions though, it sounded urgent.

I internally groan, "Send me a cab" I tell him.

He clears his throat, "Be downstairs in ten minutes" he tells me and hangs up.

I throw on my coat and walk down to James's room.

I slightly open the door and and walk in and see him sprawled out on his stomach.

Walking around to the side his face is facing, I smile. He really did look peaceful in his sleep.

I lean down and kiss the spot right below his ear. "I love you" I whisper to his ear.

"I love you too" he whispers back, not opening his eyes.

~

~

I sigh as the yellow vehicle drives out of the distant darkness. It comes to a stop at the curb and I get in. As soon as the door closes, the driver hits the gas.

I was about to tell him where, but he beat me to it.

"I know where I'm going" his deep voice speaks.

The rest of the ride was silent.

A few minutes later he pulled up to a very large house.

"How much do I owe you?" I ask him.

He looks at me in the mirror, "Nothing, Mr. Johnson had the fine put on a tab."

I nod and get out the car, shutting the door behind me. I looked behind me, but the car was already gone.

The silence of the night was overwhelming. There was no noise. The silence itself was deafening.

I walk up the large, wide steps and up to the big white doors. I grasp the knocker with my two finger and bang the door.

Not even ten seconds after, the door opened.

I came face to face with with the image of a blotchy and drowsy looking teenage face.

"Thanks for coming" Grant says.

I give him a tight smile and walk in and he shut the door behind me.

"Why do you live in such a big house?" I ask him, looking around, the chandelier catching my eye.

He gives me a genuine smile, "I live with my brothers."

I nod my head as he directs me to the living room, I'm guessing.

I sit down on the couch and Grant sits on the chair across from me.

Everything in this house looked so expensive, like it was worth a million bucks.

"I know it was weird to call you over here, you are probably thinking the same thing" He talks first.