Fifty Eight || He's Home

Leah's Point of View

I now know how James felt when Vena hit her head and went unconscious. He went empty and hopeless and kept wondering if she would wake up, but of course she would wake up, she only got knocked out. I remember that day so clearly now, the way James was so angry at Grant, I think that loved Vena even before he knew.

I am sitting at my kitchen table right now, but I am not crying, nor am I filled with raging anger. This whole thing has never happened to me before. I know people who have been cheated on and they were quite mad at the time. They broke up with their boyfriends' right after they found about out what they had done. I did not though and I am not quite sure why.

Maybe it is because I am so infatuated with Grayson. Maybe it's because I haven't actually realized what he has really done yet. I just don't know. There is no place in my mind right now that makes me cry.

I'm sure that the tears will come later and so will the anger, but I have none. I am just waiting for my roommate to come home because I noticed a little while ago that he left his keys on the counter top.

My mind wanders off to what my other friends would be doing right now. Grant would probably be flying to Canada with Clair for the day and then coming right back, I mean he can afford it. Ryder is probably at some party hooking up with some girls like he usually does because well that's just Ryder. James and Vena are either cuddling or having sex, there is no in between. Those people don't do anything different. I guess that they just really enjoy each other's company.

I hope that no one told Ryder about this whole scandal because I know for a fact that Ryder will hit Grayson, there really is no doubt about that. Ryder really is someone you have to watch out for, he can seem harmless when he's at a party or when he's with his friends, but I know from experience that when someone messes with his sister something is about to go down. When I was, I would say 14, I had a boyfriend and he said something to me that I can't remember for the life of me now. He hit my boyfriend of the time because I cried. I don't know what he would do if he knew that my boyfriend cheated on me and it didn't make me cry.

I haven't got a clue to why Grayson just passed out today, it was quite random, if you ask me. Maybe had been drinking or had been doing drugs earlier. Oh, my God. I sent him home. He drove home. What if he didn't make it home? What if he got into an accident and I did that? I can't call him because, well, he just cheated on me. I guess I'll just call Vena, I man it is getting late, but I have to know that he is okay.

I dial Vena's number and bring the phone up to my ear. It took quite a few rings for her to actually pick up.

"Hello?" I here her answer, groggily. I look at the clock; I guess that it is almost two in the morning.

"Hi, it's Leah. I am really sorry for calling so late, but do you know if Grayson is at home?" I ask her, hoping to God that she knows.

"I haven't heard anything from him, did he come to your dorm room this morning?" she asks. "James stop!" she suddenly said into the phone.

"Um, yeah, he came today," I tell her awkwardly. I guess that Grayson talked to her about it.

"Okay, well, I can call him, if you want me to and I'll ask."

I sigh, "That would be great."

"Okay, I'll call you back," she tells me and hangs up.

As soon as I hung up as well, there is a loud knock on the door, startling me.

"Leah, Leah, Leah," Gavin draws of the 'H' in my name. Oh, great. He's drunk.

I open the door and surprisingly he isn't alone. I remember the last time and only time before this that he brought someone home, the next morning he told me that if this ever happens again to call a cab for the person that he is with and send them home and that's just what I am going to do.

They step inside, "Aw sweetheart, what's with the long face?" Gavin asks, letting go of his friend's hand.

I shake my head, "Nothing. Who's your friend?" I ask him, nodding to the person.

He smiles brightly with just a dab of a smirk. "This is Max," he leans into my ear, "He's a art major," he tries to whisper quietly, but it comes out rather loudly. He giggles along with his words.

I shake my head, "Well he's got to go home," I tell him.

Gavin his me his best pouty lip (which isn't very good), "Does he have to?"

I take a look at the other man. He looked at least twenty and is in board shorts. Nope, not going to happen.

"You two go sit on the couch while I call him a cab," I tell them. By the way they walk, it is certain that they are much to drunk to be doing whatever they wanted to do. Also, you can't bring people back to the dorms. Now that I think of it, how am I one to talk? Considering that I brought Grayson back here all the time and boy, did we have a good time.

I called the cab and five or ten minutes later, the boy Gavin brought back is gone right in time because my phone startled ringing.

I answer it immediately, "He's home, don't worry," she tells me as soon as I picked up.

I sigh in relief.

It's weird, I should be angry at Grayson, not worrying if he is okay. I know what he did and no, I am not going to let him get away with this, I just don't know how to approach the situation myself.

__________

Onward to the next chapter ☞ It's not up right up at this very second, but will be in an hour or two.