Twenty Eight || Nothing More, Nothing Less

I let go of him and look at him. I raise an eyebrow at him.

I could feel the anger bubbling up in me. I have a real bad temper, so he's in for it.

"Uh oh" he mouths.

I cross my arms across my chest and wait for an explanation.

"You have thirty seconds to give me a reasonably explanation before I leave" I snap.

He nods and turns the nod on the stove. He turns to me and crosses his arms.

"I um, well when you were at a class a few days ago Leah popped out of nowheres and she hugged me from behind just like you did, anyways I I said your name and she laughed at me hysterically. Anyways, I thought she was tricking me again" he explains.

I shake my head, "Are you sure you want to go with that answer because I will go ask her right now" I say sternly.

He nods and turns back to the stove, 'Yes Vena that is that truth" He tells me.

I sigh and walk into the dining room. I grab Leah's arm and drag her around the corner.

"Hey what was that for?" she rubs her arm.

"Sorry. I need to know if you played a joke on James a few days ago" I say desperately.

She puts a finger to her chin, "I do recall playing a few" she smiles at her words, "But I am going to guess that you are talking about the one when I hugged James and he thought it was you" she raise an eyebrow.

I nod, "So you actually snuck into our apartment just to trick him" I clarify.

She smiles, "Yup and it was funny. You should have seen the colour his cheeks changed. He looked like a freaking strawberry" she laughs.

I chuckle. That would be funny. I didn't think James ever blushed.

"Anyways, so yup I played that trick on him. Why what happened?" she asks.

I shake my head, maybe this will be the part when my cheeks turn to the colour.

"Fine, I was looking for James and then I found him and I hugged him from behind and he thought it was you" I say plainly.

She was standing there, looking like she was trying to keep in her laughter. She face was turning really red, so she turned around and walked back down the hallway. I could hear her burst out in laughter when she was no longer in sight.

I groan and head back into the kitchen and see James putting the food in serving bowls.

"So, what did she tell you?" he asks.

I shrug and sit at the island.

He looks back and smiles, "I was right. I am no player, Vena" he tells me.

I shrug. I hate being wrong, but with a situation like this I was kinda glad to be wrong.

You're just denying your feeling for him.

My conscious told me. Stupid. My mind was obviously just messing with me again. I would never have feelings for James Henderson, I mean that is just absurd.

Sure he's hot and has the body of a god, but that doesn't mean I like him. I'm his roommate, nothing more, nothing less.

"Vena" James's voice brings me out of my thoughts.

I look up at him, "Yes?" I ask.

"Are you okay, you look a little pale" he puts his hand up to my forehead.