Thirty Six || Such a Great Story

"Babe" a gentle whisper wakes me up.

I open my eyes and meet James's eyes. He had a bright smile across his face. He was just hovering above me, staring down at me.

I had this urge to smile and kiss him but then yesterday's event came to mind.

I let my eyes fall down to his body. Noticing he is dressed, I return my eyes back to his.

"Get off me" I tell him calmly.

His grin fails to continue. He slowly gets off me and stands up. He kept a close eye on me as I got up.

"Vena I-"

"No, I'm not having this conversation right now" I brush him off and drag my feet to the bathroom to get ready and gather my things.

It was time to go back to New York and honestly I was happy about it. Yeah. I love Maine but I need to go home. A place where I can escape.

I quick open the door and grab my stuff in my arms and drop it in my suitcase.

I sigh and gather my stuff, just as James was doing as well.

He wasn't talking so I take it that he finally got smart and decided to leave me alone.

The sound of shuffling and dropping things in suitcases is what filled the room, besides the silence.

I zip up my suitcase and stand it up and walk away from it and out the room to go do a double check around the house.

I bump into a solid figure. I look up and follow my eyes to Grant's.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Vena" he apologizes.

I smile, "It's fine. Is everything okay now?" I lower my voice, "You know about Clair" I whisper to him.

He smiles with that grin that could make any person smile. He was in love and it was so clear.

"Yes. Thank you so much. I could have never done it myself" he pulls me into a quick hug and then pulls away.

"Well just let me know if you want help again. As of right now, I need you to tell everyone the truth about Clair." I lower my voice.

He sighs, "Did you guys get into a fight?" He guesses.

I nod, "Yeah, if you just want to tell James that's alright too. I just want to straighten things out with him" I explain.

He nods, thinking. "I'll figure it out" he assures me.

"Thanks" I mumble and pass him to continue looking through the room for any of my stuff or James's.

I jog up the stairs to Grayson and Leah's room. This is gotta' be good.

I open the door, not knocking and catch them again.

This time Leah was on top of Grayson, making out with him.

I clear my throat and they pull away from each other and look back at me.

I smirk at the pair and place my hand in my hip.

"So have you guys even started packing or have you been too busy" I glance around the room to see that it was still messy.

They gave me a confused look.

"We're going back to New York today. Didn't you know that?" I ask.

They shake their heads.

I groan and shut the door.

I hurry into my room and put my last few items in the pocket of my suitcase.