Talk

I think I'll just stop putting an author's note since it's already quite obvious hahaha.

Anyway, This chapter is quite short, and the majority of it is just a load of BS that this lazy author made up, since I have already started to lose some ideas about this book, sometimes I'm even thinking of dropping it...

But my conscience stopped me, I have been seeing most of you saying that you love my story, and I have also received a significant amount of votes.... why do I feel like a narcissistic author...?

Anyway, thanks for reading my story guys, enjoy!

***

Yuri's pov.

"Now lets talk. "

Sitting down in one of the chairs, I calmly gathered my wits before nodding.

"What is it? "

"Girl, tell me, who are you? " I frowned.

"Pardon? " dissatisfied, I sneered at the old man, ignoring the fact that he could clearly kill me with just a flick of his finger.

"I want to know your name. " the old man repeated before wiggling in his seat, probably to find a much more comfortable position.

"Old man, Isn't it quite rude of you to ask a young girl like that? " the old man furrowed his brows.

"What do you mean? " confusion could be clearly seen in his face.

"Because..." I hesitated, unsure if I should continue my sentence.

"Well...? " he frowned.

Oh fuck this.

"You sound like a trafficker pressuring a child to say his/her name so you could kidnap him/her and eventually turn her into your prostitute. " I exhaled.

"..."

The old man was silent, however the words 'shouldn't have asked' was clearly imprinted on his face.

"Ehem! Girl, I was raised properly by my parents, what's more, I have morals, I would never do such a thing. Plus, do you really want me to just call you 'girl' the whole time we talk? " a faint blush was seen on his face but was immediately gone as soon as it was seen.

"That's.....reasonable. " I contemplated but eventually gave up.

"Exactly. " the old man nodded, as if he hadn't heard what I've said before.

"Well, if I say my name then will you tell me yours? " I was also reluctant to call him old man all the time, plus, mutual benefits right?

"Hmmm.....alright then! You get yourself a deal! " the old man huffed but eventually agreed.

"Well, let me introduce myself. My name is Greth, the guardian of this very building, the infamous clock tower. Can you tell your name to me now, girl? " Greth breathed out before raising his brows towards me.

"My name is Yuri, it's nice to meet you old man. " I calmly introduced myself before reaching out my hand.

"The pleasure is all mine girl. " I can feel my eyes twitching from the oh so familiar nickname but just eventually let it go as we shook hands.

"Girl? " I repeated, not letting it go.

"Hmm, it's quite awkward for me to call you by your name, 'girl' seems much more suitable for you. " the old man said as he mischievously played with his beard. "Plus, you still dare to call me old man? "

I harrumphed. "Fine. "

"Alright, enough of this, let's get straight to the point. " his tone immediately became serious as it was obvious that he doesn't welcome anymore nonsense.

I just nodded calmly towards him, indicating for him to start his questions.

"Girl, who are you really? An ordinary mage would never have such tremendous powers, especially with such a young appearance. " he inquired, curiosity evident in his voice.

"And for such a famous tower to have such a powerful guardian, shouldn't I also be suspicious? " I questioned neutrally, not minding the frown growing on his face.

"That's.....reasonable. " he let out a cough ad silence once again enveloped us.

"..."

"Anyway, it seems like there won't be any exchange of information between us then? "

"Nope. "

Sigh.

***

I exhaled as I got out of the clock tower doors. Being in the same presence with that old man was really stifling.

However, that is not the point for now.

The fact that I have to talk to freed and gather information from him can only mean that I have to come back to fairy tail again. Although I have already pushed the matter of the past back, it still doesn't change the fact that they still have done what they did.

There might not have been anything bad about a little ignoring, however, it is still also detrimental to some people. There are some people who likes to be alone, while they are also some who cannot live without attention.

In truth , a majority of people are mostly the latter while pretending to be the former. They keep saying that they like to be alone and to not be bothered but whenever they were given the opportunity, they would open up like a flower in bloom, a social butterfly.

Though it isn't bad for people to prefer to have the attention on them, there are still some who can get over the line sometimes.

Back then, an exciting event happened at one of the towns I was visiting. A woman was found cheating on her husband with different men, though this isn't a rarity, what made it popular was the fact that all the men she cheated on him with was his...Ehem....brothers.

Her reason was because she and her husband was in a conflict because her husband had slept with her sister...wtf.

She had wanted to get revenge so she has also slept with his second brother, however this didn't work towards their relationship, it only made the matters worse...reasonably.

The husband became disgusted with her and slept with other women, which only drives the wife to slept with his other brothers, cousins, and some distant relatives.

Oh and if that isn't as fucked up as it already is.....

At the end of the conflict, the two still remained married but still continued to sleep around with other people.

And what is the connection with all that related to people who liked attention?

Well it's because the wife had actually slept with the husband's family, and not some other guys for a reason. It was because of her ducked up logic that if she didn't get revenge on her husband, she thinks that her husband would have the thought that it was ok for him to sleep around and he would then forget about her.... actually, it kinda makes sense now that I think about it.

Anyway, so since she knew that her husband would probably not care if she slept with some other guy, she came up with an idea that since her husband loves his family so much then maybe he would then give her attention if she slept with them.

And she did, including her father-in-law. Since her husband's mother died while he was young, she didn't have that much of a competition, oh and what made this story more idiotic?

It was the fact that none of the parties that's they were sleeping with knew about this. The only time that they knew was when the time that the couple was already in their death beds.

So they've been sleeping with them without them actually knowing that it was only because of the two's farce. After the couple's death, the story blew up and became a controversy in all of earthland.

...Sigh...

I shook my head to shake off my thoughts upon noticing that I have already arrived at the inn that I booked in, and without wasting any time at all, I just directly entered before diving straight into the soft covers of the bed before drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

What a tiring day.