Trapped

Yuri's pov

After I finally snapped out of my daze, I looked blankly at my mate beside me and as if feeling my gaze, he turned his head towards me and started to smile innocently.

"What? " I could only shake my head and started to scrutinize everything around me.

We were currently in a beautiful park, sitting on a wooden bench as children played around us while their parents just smiled towards them, joyous laughter and a friendly atmosphere wrapped the park, I smiled unconsciously.

"What are you smiling about? "

I turned to my mate, giving him a small 'tsk' before turning back my attention to my surroundings.

"What did I do? " racing his eyebrows up, I could only helplessly sigh at my mate.

"It's nothing. "

"Hmmm... Really? You sure about that? "

"Hai, hai, I'm sure. " rolling my eyes at him, I gurned my attention back towards the kids playing at the play grounds.

Smiling softly at the adorable bundle of joys, my attention was suddenly turned towards a spot on the forest just behind where the kids were playing. It was a hooded figure dressed in black, and judging by the stature, it was clearly a man.

Minutes passed of just me staring at the figure, but as if feeling my gaze, he had then slowly turned towards me, and if I'm not wrong, I could have sworn I saw a small smirk trace across his lips.

As I slowly squint my eyes, trying to see if I was just hallucinating, I was suddenly caught off guard when the hooded man had suddenly disappeared.

Alarmed, I hurriedly stood up from my seat before activating my magic, trying to discern if the hooded man's presence was still there, and yet, I wasn't able to sense him any longer. Trying to see if my magic was just affected by my chaotic mood, I slowly calmed myself down before trying my magic again, yet the answer was still the same.

Now panicking, I rapidly turned towards my mate when I suddenly couldn't see him anymore. Looking around, I had then only noticed that the surroundings around me have then suddenly changed into a small dark jail room.

Still surprised about the sudden changed of my surroundings, I suddenly jolted upright as a cold metallic object could suddenly be felt binding my arms. Looking at the chain that suddenly appeared out of nowhere, restricting my magic, my expression darkened. Calming myself down and reminiscing my abrupt situation, I cautiously looked around the room when I suddenly heard a voice, just around the dimly lit corner.

"Hehehe, what a waste, what a watse, you saw me? You saw me? " doubling his words, my brows furrowed at his strange accent and voice, it was like a screeching cat suddenly being paired with a manly and monotone voice, in other words, painful.

Keeping quiet, I darted my eyes around the room to see if I could find the person who said it and try if I could identify who it is.

"Wanna see me? Wanna see me? Hehehe.. You already did! You already did! Hehehe.. " as the creepy laugh kept going on and on, a chill could suddenly be felt creep up my spine.

Already did? I had no idea what he meant but could only piece together that maybe it was when I spotted him on the forest.

"Hehehe, I wanna ask a question! I wanna ask a question! Hehehe, answer me! answer me! Hehehe. " hearing his childish words, I could only reluctantly nod, knowing I had no choice either way.

I tried to open my mouth and ask him what he wants yo know but I suddenly found it hard. Each time I tried to open my mouth, it felt like it was restricted by some sort of force, I wasn't able to do as I pleased! As I thought about how I could regain control over my body again, a sudden thought hit me and realization immediately followed.

I was trapped inside a mind prison! A mind prison could be said as a lethal kind of magic, it has the ability to trap a person on the caster's mind so the caster then has the ability to do anything he pleased to his captive.

Mind prison is very dangerous but it also isn't impossible to get out of. It was such a burden that I don't have a grimuse herb! A grimuse herb is a kind of restriction to prevent any person to cast mind control on the person that is wearing it. As I was still grumbling in my mind about how I was careless enough to actually leave my grimuse herb inside my worn clothes, which is now on the laundry basket, I had then suddenly realized something.

I may not have a grimuse herb but I still do have a litinous light, fortunately. A litinous light could be said as the twin of the grimuse herb, the grimuse herb might be used to avoid the mind prison but the litinous light is something that most people used to escape it.

Now that I finally remembered about the litinous light, I secretly grinned, now all I got to do is to wait for the perfect opportunity. The liginous light may be able to help me escape but there still are some strict procedures on doing so.

Firstly, I have to use the litinous light using my left hands. Second, by activating it, I have to specifically tap the button using my index finger. Third, I have to shine the Ray of light to the one who casted the mind prison. Fourth, I have to immediately clear out what's on my mind with escaping the only thought I have left, I cannot think of anything else or everything will be such a waste. And lastly, after I got out, I need to immediately consume an antidote so that any kind of lingering magic about mind prison may be extinguished.

Listing all the procedures, I found that the first and third procedures seems to be extremely tough. If I have to hold the litinous light on my left hand, I desperately need to get out of the binds that was holding me. Plus, if I have to shine the lighg towards the caster, what I really need to do is to find the caster first, and I need him to stand still on the same spot, or else, I might miss and mess up everything.

"Hehehe, Tell me! Tell me! What's a cat without a body? What's a cat without a body? Hehehe, Answer me! Answer me! " still deep in planning to escape, I was suddenly pulled out of my thoughts when the creepy guy's question suddenly rejuvenate around the walls.

At his words, I could only look at him, or oerharps look at where I thought he was, in resignation. Didn't you shut my mouth? You want me to answer you now!? Impossible! Impossible! Oh great, now I suddenly talk like him now, Unbelievable, Unbelievable, oh dammit! Shut up, mind!

"Talk to me! Talk to me! " hey bro, have you forgotten about your oh so powerful shutting my mouth up magic? You want me to talk? Then let me talk!

"Ohhhh, you can't speak, you can't speak, hehehe, I want you to! I want you to! Talk! Talk! " as he said that, it was suddenly then that I found out that I can finally open and talk with my mouth again.

"I-" testing it out, it was then that I confirmed that I could really do speak again, huuu, what a relief.

"What's a cat without a body? What's a cat without a body? Hehehe, tell me! tell me! " a cat without a body? Then it can only be...

"An abomination! " it is, where the heck could you see a cat without a body? Tell me! Tell me! Oh great, I'm speaking like him again.

"An abomination....? " his voice suddenly started to get darker, making me shiver. W-what's going on?

"Abomination, abomination, abomi-hehehe..... Hahahahaha, an abomination! an abomination! Yes! Yes! It's an abomination! It's an abomination! Hahahaha! " as he laughed, a chill suddenly creeped up my spine, have he gone lunatic!?

"I-"

"Your right! Your right! An abomination! An abomination! Hehehe, yes, yes, I am! I am! Hahahaha, I'm an abomination! I'm an abomination! " as the laughter has then seemed to get closer, a sudden uneasiness started to take over me. What the heck is this guy talking about!?