Misery

Yuma's pov.

I watched yuri as she slept. It was currently 3 in the morning, an hour after we finished...... that.

I can't seem to get the feeling from before, out of my head, I can't seem to accept the fact that I was too..... Weak. I wasn't even able to protect my own mate. In my world, I could have been seen as one of the most powerful person alive but, in this world, I'm nothing.

Burrying my head on my palms, I thought about everything. Maybe, going here seems to be a mistake. Maybe, if I wasn't here then yuri won't be able to hold such a burden, but I can't seem to just let her go. After spending so much time with her, I don't ever think I could even go on without her, she was practically my life, my everything.

Reaching out towards my pants, I put them on before walking towards the balcony, not caring as the strong nightly breeze hit my skin.

As I laid my hands on the balcony, the cold Marble stone immediately made me shiver. Thinking about everything that happened yesterday, my heart seemed to tighten as my stomach made a knot.

-Flashback-

"What are you smiling about? " my gaze softened as I see her smile towards the kids playing at the slides. I love her smile, it practically makes my day.

After hearing my question, it was then that she turned towards me before giving g me a 'tsk'. I felt like laughing, she looked so adorable as she pretended to be angry, puffing her cheeks out like a squirrel eating some nuts, cute.

"What did I do? " chuckling, I heard her sigh before finally answering me.

"It's nothing. "

"Hmmm... Really? You sure about that? " feeling like teasing her, I continued to taunt, watching her pout as she nodded her adorable little head.

"Hai, hai, I'm sure. " rolling her eyes, I chuckled.

Turning my gaze towards the kids playing around, it was then that a bold thought seemed to pass through my mind, making my face turn a shade of pink.

What if yuri and I have kids on our own? Will she be as happy as she looked now? What would they look like?

Shaking the thoughts out of my head, I looked at my mate besides me, who has a peaceful expression on her face. Though, I'd really hope that they would look like their mother, so adorable.

Almost slapping myself, I returned my gaze towards my mate, making sure she didn't see the blush that crept up my cheeks, oh, so embarrassing.

Looking at my mate, it was then that I found out that something seems to be wrong. She was looking at the distance with a suspicion on her face. Turning towards where she was looking at, I saw nothing. What is she gazing at?

"Yuri. " calling out to her, I was about to ask what she was looking at when she suddenly stood up, looking around her surroundings frantically.

"Yuri! " calling out to her again, an uneasy feeling of dread seems to nibble on me.

Seeing her not answering, or even acknowledging my voice, I was starting to panick. Calling out her name over and over again, I was suddenly cut off as she fainted.

Holding her in my arms, I felt like my heart broke. Calling and shaking her in my arms, I got no reply. Different kinds of scenarios went through my mind as I fearfully tried to wake her up.

Softly calling out her name, I gently caressed her soft yet cold cheeks with my shaking hands, tears seemed to drop out of my eyes as everyone around me seemed to go away.