Chapter 2

These past few days, I've been getting used to being back in such a small town.

I haven't had much to do, just help with the house really. Hardly anyone is here most of the time and in alone. Considering I grew up here, I should probably get in touch with some of my friends and start to socialize. I should definitely start to socialise with people other then dad and Stiles because I might just lose my mind.

I've also realised how bad Stiles is as a Son. The other night I caught him getting my dad drunk. He is always out. When I wake up in the morning he's gone or on his way out and is out till ridiculously late.

I leaned against the kitchen wall whilst listening to Dad and Stiles talk.

"You know, I miss talking to you. It's like we never have time..." dad trails off, now drunk from the glasses of whiskey Stiles kept pouring him.

"Dad, you know what, I have to make a phone call. I'm sorry. I'll be right back." Stiles says.

"I do. I miss it. And I miss your mom." Dad says and my heart melts for him.

"What'd you say?" I hear Stiles asks and I peak my head around the corner of the door to see Stiles stop dad from pourinf another glass of whiskey.

I walk in there and hand Stiles the bottle of Whiskey. "Put it back." I say resposibily before folding dad's folders up before reading Derek's name.

"Derek Hale?" I question dad and he groans. "He's a murderer. A bad one." Dad says and my eyes widen as I turn to Stiles. He just scratched his neck awkwardly before I look down to dad at the table.

"Bed for you, I think." I say helping him stand up. "Just like your mom." He says kissing my cheek before he stumbles up to his room.

Once dad was out of the room I started reading dad's file on Derek whilst putting them away.

"Get in here." I say when I notice Stiles. "What the hell is going on?" I ask as he reads his phone and starts to act all spazy.

"He got set up." Stiles says and I roll my eyes. "Explain." I say and he reads his phone again. "I have to go." He says pointing to the door. "Go where?" I ask and he sighs. "Nia, right now isn't the time to be questioning me. I get you and Derek may have been friends or something but you still can't tell dad and I need to help Scott." He says and I roll my eyes and point to the door.

"Fucking kids." I mutter as I head up to my room.

I've been doing literally nothing. I've been keeping on top of the house, cooking, cleaning and helping Stiles pick a suit for the formal.

"So who's your date?" I ask whilst doing his tie for him. "Lydia." He says proudly and my eyes widen. "The girl you've had a crush on since like 3rd grade?" I ask and he nods. "Well done." I say patting his shoulder.

I take Stiles downstairs and take photos of him which he wasn't too happy with.

"Can I use your car?" He asks and I laugh. "No." I say straight up whilst patting him down.

"What's wrong with the Jeep?" I ask and he shrugs. "Nothing, I love the Jeep but your car is smoother." He says and I roll my eyes. "Too bad." I say playfully and he rolls his eyes.

"You look handsome." I say taking a step back and Stiles just sighs. "Course I do." He says sarcastically and I just roll my eyes. "Shut up Stiles, any girl is lucky enough to go with you. You look amazing and you're an amazing guy, when you aren't high on adderall." I say and he just scoffs. "Shut up Nia." He says pushing my shoulder and I just laugh.