Chapter 10

Nia's POV
"Hey how-- oh my god." Stiles says waking me up. "Shut up Stiles." I groan with my head now throbbing.

Something was heavy and I didn't know what it was. I look down to see Derek's arms were wrapped around me and our feet were tangled.

"Derek Hale is in your bed!" Stiles says and I roll my eyes. "I noticed that, now do you mind? Im trying to sleep." I say and Stiles groans.

"Derek Hale and my sister." Stiles complains and I roll my eyes. "It's not like that." I say and Stiles looked completely unconvinced. "Piss off Stiles." I say as he leaves.

I look down to Derek's arms and smile softly before falling back to sleep

****
I woke up shivering. Derek was gone and the window was opening. I sat against the headboard and checked my phone to see that it was 12pm.

The doorbell rings by the sound of it and I guess dad got it.

"Ah, I didn't know you were home." Dad says coming to my bedroom door. "Yeah , I got in late last night." I say and be nods.

"Well someone was at the door for you." Dad says and moves out of the way to reveal Derek.

"Hi." Derek says and I smile. "Hi." I say as my dad walks off.

Derek comes into my room and closes my door. "Will you shut the window?" I ask shivering and he nods before handing me a coffee.

"So how you feeling?" He asks and I groan. "My arms hurt and my head." I say before taking a sip of coffee. Derek puts his hand on my arm and I immediately get goosebumps. His vains fill with black and my eyes widen.

"What was that?" I ask and he shrugs. "I was taking your pain." He says and I thank him.

"I just came to tell you, it wouldn't be a good idea to show up at my place today. It's a full moon and my beta's are gonna wanna kill you. I'd rather not have to worry about you on top of that." He says whilst helping me out of bed.

"Okay." I say and he furrows his eyebrows. "That's it?" He asks and I nod whilst still confused.

"I picked up this cream for your arms." Derek says taking something out of his pocket. "Thank you." I say smiling. "No problem." He says before looking around my room.

"So if you stay away tonight, I'll come and see you tomorrow." Derek says and I smile. "Won't be a problem, I'm gonna have to call the insurance company and all that boring stuff." I say and Derek nods.

"Well I better go. Gotta go and chain up some little beta's." He says and I roll my eyes. "Have fun, don't die." I say and he scoffs. "You too." He says making me laugh as he leaves my bedroom.

I have a shower and once I get out put some cream on my burns immediately. I can't let dad see this so looks like its long sleeved outfits for the next few weeks.

I put on a pistachio green satin long sleeve shirt dress. I put a black belt on before doing my hair and makeup, specifically covering my bash to the head.

I head downstairs to make something to eat.

"Hey, so I didn't know you were friends with Derek Hale." Dad says in a disapproving tone. "Yeah, remember we were in school together." I say and Dad nods.

"No yeah I remember but I didn't know you were friends." He says and I shrug. "We have been since school, remember he was one to tell me." I say and dad nods. "I remember Nia, it's just are you sure he's the kind of boy you wanna hang around with." Dad says and I shrug whilst cutting up a sandwich and giving him half.

"He's not a bad guy dad." I say and he nods before taking a bite from the sandwich. "I know he was innocent but im just saying Nia." He says and I nod.

"I understand that but Derek's very nice to me." I say and dad nods. "Okay." He says and I smile.

"So I got a call earlier. Your car was found all busted up on one of the highways." Dad says and my eyes widen, busted. I need to come up with a quick lie.

"Busted up? I was gonna call up today to report that it had been stolen. I met Derek by the park last night, that's where Stiles apologised. I went back to my car to find it had been stolen." Nice lie.

"Oh, well I'll go in and report it. I was looking for an excuse to go in today. I wanna see what's going on with Harris." Dad says and I furrow my eyebrows. "They think he's the one killing all those people." Dad says ans my eyes widen. I don't think he is.

"They found his track marks at the scene of one of the crimes." Dad says and my eyes widen. "Woah." I say and he nods.

Once dad leaves I text Derek.

Me- Call me ASAP!!!!!!

****
Later on in the day, Stiles had left with a massive box for Lydia's birthday. Derek hadn't called me and I was stressing.

I had made dinner and was now watching friends.

"You alright?" Dad asks and I nod. "Yeah, im just bored. I think I might go see Derek." I say and dad nods. "Alright, do you wanna take my car?" He asks and I smile. "Please." I say and he smiles.

I take his car keys and slowly drive over to Derek's. I need to tell him what Stiles found out.

The only problem I have now as I park outside Derek's is that he told me not to come tonight. I need to talk to him.

It took a good half hour before I found the balls to go inside.

I head inside and look around but couldn't find him. "Derek?" I call as I walk into the abandoned bus.

"You shouldn't be here." Issac says sat calmly, chained up in wolf form.  "Where's Derek?" I ask and he shrugs. "I think Lydia took him." She says and my eyes widen.

"Do you know where I can find him?" I ask and Issac shrugs. "Find him." Issac says and I nod.

After thinking logically, one of the only places Derek could hide is his old house, so that's where I went.

His house gave me shivers just looking at it. "Derek?" I call and I hear a groan. I rush inside to see him lying on the floor.

"Jesus." I say crouching down beside him. "Nia, you need to get out of here." Derek says and I shake my head no. "Let's go." I say pulling him up. I put his arm over my shoulder and we walk out of there.

"How'd you know I'd be there?" He asks on our way back to his place. "Um..." I say awkwardly trying to think of an excuse. "Issac told me Lydia had taken you and well I thought you might've been hiding so it would've made sense for you to be there." I say shrugging and he nods.

"Thank you." He says and I smile. "No problem." I say smiling.

"So you got a new car already?" Derek asks and I scoff. "No, it's my dad's car." I say and Derek nods.

"Something feels off tonight." I say and Derek scoffs. "It's a full moon, everything feels off." He says and I laugh.