Chapter 11

After dropping Derek off he usher's me to go home as it is a full moon and he doesn't want me around his beta's.

When I get downstairs both Scott and Stiles were rushing down the stairs with dad behind them.

"We know who it is." Stiles says and I look from him to Scott to dad. "Whose killing all those people. They recon its a boy in their year called Matt." Dad adds and I laugh. "Okay." I say.

"You should come with us." Stiles says and I look at him confused. "Where are you going?" I ask before straightening out his flannel.

"Sheriff's station. We're gonna look at evidence." Stiles says and I look at dad who doesn't look the slightest bit pleased. I hand dad his keys and then follow him to his car.

Stiles forced Scott to sit in the front so Stiles could tell me what was going on.

"Matt is the one controlling Jackson." Stiles says and I nod. "We saw it at the party tonight, if we can link Matt to the murders than that will put him away and hopefully stop Jackson." Stiles whispers and I nod. "That's smart actually." I say and Stiles nods proudly.

When we get to the Sheriff's station we follow dad in.

"It's 2 in the morning." The deputy behind the desk says. "Believe me, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremely important." Dad says to the lady whilst Scott and Stiles talk about what evidence to search.

The lady lets us in and we follow dad to his office and end up watching the security tape from the night Matt killed someone at the hospital.

"There was a six- car pileup that night, the hospital was jammed." Dad says. "All right, just keep going. Look, he had to pass one of the cameras on that floor to get to Jessica, okay? He has to be on the footage somewhere." Stiles says.

"Hold on, stop!" Scott shouts making me jump as it was unexpected. "Did you see that? Scroll back." Scott says and I lean in further. "That's him. That's Matt." Stiles says as if it mattered when we couldn't see his face.

"All I see is the back of someone's head." Dad says. "Matt's head, yeah. I sit behind him in history. He's got a very distinct cranium, it's weird." Stiles says making me laugh.

"Are you crazy?" Dad asks him. "All right, fine. Look at his jacket, huh? How many people do you know wear black leather jackets?" Stiles says. "Too many." I say as the same time dad says "Millions, literally."

"Okay, can we scroll forward? There's gotta be a shot of him coming at one of the cameras." Scott says and I nod.

"Right there. Stop. Stop. See? There he is again." Stiles says pointing at the same back of 'Matt's' head. "You mean there's the back of his head again." Dad says annoyed.

"Okay, but look. He's talking to someone." Stiles says. "He's talking to my mom." Scott says and then immediately calls his mom and persuades his mom to come in and ID him.

I sat down in a chair whilst waiting for Scott's mom to come in and ID Matt.

When Stiles came back in the room with Matt behind him, who was holding a gun I jumped up. "Well this is fun." I mutter sarcastically.

"Matt? It's Matt, right? Matt, whatever's going on I guarantee you there's a solution that doesn't involve a gun." Dad says and Stiles pulls me back so I was in line with him and not too close to Matt.

"You know, it's funny you say that, because I don't think you're aware of just how right you are." Matt says. "I know you don't wanna hurt people." Dad says which obviously isn't true.

"Actually, I wanna hurt a lot of people." Matt says and I roll my eyes. "You four weren't on my list, but I could be persuaded. And one way is to try dialing somebody on your cell phone, like McCall is doing." Matt says. Why didn't I think of trying to text Derek, he'd definitely be able to help.