Chapter 6

I was sat for a while with Derek in my house whilst I made dinner for Stiles and my dad.

"So where are your little friends tonight?" I ask turning to him. "Erica and Boyd are at their houses and Issac is still hiding." Derek says and I scrunch my face up.

"What even happened?" I ask Derek. "Something killed his father and he was set up." Derek says. "Someone, you mean." I say and he shakes his head no. "I think it was supernatural." He says whilst taking a sip of his coffee.

"So wouldn't it just be another werewolf?" I ask Derek and he sighs. "I wish it was that simple." He says and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Sometimes the person you are reflects the shape you become." Derek says but I was still confused. "So Lydia for example. She was bitten but we don't know what she is or if she's even going to transform. The bite should even turn or kill you, but nothing happened to her." He says and I nod.

"What shape would I take?" I ask and he smirks. "Probably like an annoying mosquito or something?" He says and I roll my eyes. "Can you actually become a mosquito?" I ask and he chuckles. "No. Well not that I've ever heard of anyway." He informs.

Derek ended up staying and having dinner. He then helped me clean up, which I didn't expect him to do.

I had put food in a container, ready to take to dad and one for Derek to give to Issac. I was packing away when my phone rang. "I got it." Derek says taking the plate from me. "Thank you." I say heading over to my phone.

"Hi dad." I say answering the phone. "Hi, um. Can you get Stiles?" Dad asks. "Sure, what's wrong with the Jeep?" I ask. "Impounded." He says and my eyes widen. "For like parking in the wrong place for too long or evidence?" I ask hoping it wasn't the second option. "Evidence." He says and I sigh.

"Where is he?" I ask. "You know that mechanic store? Well there." Dad says and I nod. "Alright, I'll bring you your food as well." I say. "Thanks sweetheart." He says and we end the phone.

I grab my car keys. "Come on I'll drop you home?" I tell Derek whilst heading for the door.

"So what did Stiles do?" Derek asks me and I furrow my eyebrows. "How did you know Stiles did anything?" I ask him. "I'm a werewolf." He says and I just glance at him before focusing back on the road. "Okay and?" I say confused.

"Being a werewolf comes with a few extra things. I have amazing hearing, I'm incredibly strong. I had claws and glowing eyes." Derek says says and I smile. "That's pretty cool." I say and he nods. "I know." He says cockily.

I get to what looked like a crime scene and took the container for dad from Derek. "Two minutes." I say and he nods.

I get out of my car and see Stiles getting out of another. "Get in the car." I say to Stiles and he nods before rushing to my car.

"You can't go past here miss." A deputy says and I roll my eyes. "I need to give my dad his food. My dad's the Sheriff." I say and he looks me up and down. "Im pretty sure the Sheriff has a son." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Hey!" I shout when I see a familar deputy. "Tell this guy my dad is my dad." I say when my dad heads in our direction.

"Nia?" Dad says and I sigh. "He won't let me come to you." I say and Dad turns to the deputy before confirming im his daughter.

"I've seen Stiles, he's in my car. I'll take him home. Did he do something bad? Am I supposed to be glaring at him?" I ask and he laughs. "No just a witness. You might need to give him a ride to school tomorrow though, is that okay?" Dad asks and I nod. "Yeah okay." I say and head back to my car.