Chapter 26

"Morning." Derek says when I wake up. "Morning." I say climbing out of bed. "Wait till my dads gone." I say and he groans before lying back down.

I head downstairs and start cutting up fruit immediately and making some french toast.

"Hi." I say when dad comes into thr kitchen. "Morning." Dad says and I hand him some coffee. "Look, I've gotta run. I'm not gonna be at the office so don't drop anything off. We have a P.D.R." dad says and I nod.

"Wait, PDR? What's that?" I ask dad as he heads for the door. "Prisoner. Death Row." He says and my eyes widen as dad heads out the door.

Derek came down stairs minutes after dad left and I handed him his breakfast and coffee. "Are you in today?" Derek asks as he sits at the table. "No, I'm not on the rota. I've gotta go over a shit tone of files." I say groaning whilst making Stiles breakfast.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Derek asks and I nod. "Well, I think you should move in with me." Derek says as Stiles walks into the kitchen.

"Um... morning?" Stiles says awkwardly and I sigh. "Morning." I handing him his breakfast and he goes to sit down with Derek. I then follow suit.

"So dad was telling me last night that you guys saved Malia, why didn't you tell me?" I ask Stiles and he shrugs. "I didn't. Scott and Allison and Issac did." Stiles says and I roll my eyes. "Give yourself some credit, you did stuff as well." I say before picking at my breakfast.

"You know Nia." Stiles says and I turn to him. "You're 23, you don't need to sneak Derek in and out." Stiles says and I shrug. "I know." I say.

"I've gotta run." Stiles says standing up. "Don't forget your lunch." I yell after him.

When Stiles leaves I turn to Derek. "Im gonna have a shower, we'll talk after." I say and he nods.

After my shower I put on some black jeans and a pink satin spaghetti strap top. I do my makeup lightly and straighten my hair.

I make my bed and then head downstairs as Derek heads up. "Im gonna have a shower." He says and I nod.

I sit down at the table and begin to read through the really boring files and sign a few things.

****
"Hey so I've got stuff to do with Peter today, do you wanna come with me?" He asks and I look up at him. "Where you going?" I ask him. "Just to the loft." He says and I nod before packing up my files to take with me.

I grab my car keys and follow him to my car. "Do you wanna drive, I can't be bothered? I ask Derek and he nods. I hand him my keys and get into the passenger seat of my car.

On the way there things seemed kinda awkward so I brought the topic up again.

"Not yet." I say and he glances at me confused. "I would move in with you, but not yet. I just don't understand why we're rushing." I say turning to him.

"For now, we can rotate houses or something. So tonight we stay at yours, tomorrow mine and so forth." I say whilst watching him drive.

"But my dad needs to know we're having sleepovers so that it isn't a total shock when I move in with you. Then also with Stiles' nightmares, I just wanna make sure he's okay before I move out." I say and Derek nods. "Okay, we'll do that then." He says and I smile happily.

When we get to Derek's place, he takes my files from me and I follow him upstairs.

Derek puts my stuff down on the coffee table by the sofa. "Thanks." I say and he squeezes my shoulder before getting the stuff ready for when Peter gets here.