Chapter 40

Bored.

That's the only mood I'm currently capable of feeling.

I'm so fucking bored.

I'm sat in bed, typically, and waiting for Braeden to come over with information.

When she finally does get here, she was in police uniform. She hands Derek and I a file before getting dressed.

Derek and I read over the file, most of which we already knew thanks to Stiles' call. But there was nothing about Kate.

"There's nothing in here about Kate." Derek says flicking through the file. "The killer used an axe." Derek says.

"Actually, he used a military tomahawk." Braeden says and me and Derek exchange confused glances.

"That's not in the report." I say confused. "I know." She says. "Are you gonna tell us what else you know?" Derek asks. "Not yet. Cause I don't really know much." She says and I look up at Derek.

"But you know something." Derek says and we turn around to face her. "Maybe." She says

"The problem is, the people I need to talk to right now, don't talk to people like you." She says to Derek.

"You want us to wait for you?" Derek  asks and she leans forward. "I want you both to trust me." She says glancing between us both.

"And why would we do that? We don't know anything about you." Derek says. "Yeah, well I know you. And I know what you really want." She says and I glance up at Derek.

"You want want Kate stole from you." She says before speaking a foreign language. "It means, 'the true nature of someone is reflected in their eyes'. In your case, the colour of you eyes." She says before heading for her stuff.

"I trust you." I say spinning to face her and she looks at me confused. I also ignore Derek's glares at me. "Why's that?" She asks and I shrug. "You saved Issac's life. You've also saved Derek and Peter's life. That means you're in my good books. So therefore I trust you." I say and she smiles at me and looks up at Derek.

Derek throws her, her gun. "You have one week." He says as she catches it and heads out of the loft

"Can I ask you to do something for me?" Derek asks and I nod. "Sure you can dear bear." I say smiling.

Derek goes into the kitchen and grabs a knife and hands it to me. "Hurt me." He says and I laugh. "No." I say and continue to laugh. But his face held nothing other than seriousness.

"Why?" I ask and he sighs. "Because I need to know." He says and I scoff. "Need to know what?" I ask and he groans.

"Please." He says and puts a knife in my hand. "No way." I say putting the knife down. "Nia, don't be difficult." He says and I roll my eyes.

"I'm not stabbing you, are you insane?" I ask and he sighs. "You're being difficult." He says and I sigh.

"Why? Why do you want me to hurt you?" I ask and he sighs. "I need to see how long it takes me to heal. Deaton said that when I first came back and I was younger, I healed too fast." He says and I nod.

"Right, well sit down." I say and he takes a seat and hands me a knife. "Oh no. I'm not using a knife." I say and quickly put the knife back.

"Take your shirt off." I say and he raises an eyebrow. "I asked you to hurt me." He says confused. "Oh I'm not gonna hurt you. But I'm gonna give you something to heal from." I say and he sighs.

I pull his shirt off and look down at his chest before licking my lips.

"What the hell are you doing?" Derek asks and I roll my eyes. "Trust the process." I say sitting in his lap.