Chapter 23

I was sat in the front whilst Dad and Stiles were in the back. Something, I think dad had thought through.

"Are you okay?" Derek asks in almost a whisper. "I'm starving." I say bitterly whilst getting my phone out to order food. "I'm not cooking, what are we thinking? Pizza?" I ask and Dad and Stiles instantly agree.

"What about you Derek? Are you staying?" Dad asks and I roll my eyes when Derek glances at me. "No, I need to check up on Cora." He says and my eyes widen.

"Oh my god, is she okay?" I ask and he nods. "She's doing amazing." He says and I take a breath of relief. "Thank god." I say.

When we get home I jump out of Derek's car and head inside whilst dad says thanks.

I get inside and instantly head up to have a shower. After my shower I get into some comfy clothes and sit at the table eating my pizza.

"You know, you need to tell him." Dad says and I roll my eyes. "Not really." I say shoving some pizza in my mouth. "Nia." He says says sternly and I sigh.

"Tell who what?" Stiles asks confused. "Nothing." I say loudly before dad can but in, but it didn't stop him. "She needs to tell Derek she likes him, she also needs to stop giving him a hard time." Dad says and I groan. "No I don't." I say and dad raises an eyebrow.

After my pizza, dad heads to work to check in on how things are. Someone knocks on the door and Stiles doesn't turn his attention from the tv.

"Aren't you gonna get that?" I ask and he scoffs. "No, you get it." He says and I roll my eyes. "I've been tied up for like 3 days, you get it." I say and Stiles just ignores me. "I hate you." I say getting up from the sofa and heading to the door.

I open the door and Derek was stood there. "Here." He says handing me my keys and behind him I could see my car. "Thanks." I say and he nods. "No problem." He says.

"Can we talk?" Derek asks. "I just wanna go to bed." I say and Derek nods. "Okay." He says and I smile before going to shut the door.

"I'm sorry." He blurts out and I look at him confused. "I just wanted you to know." He says and I nod. "Okay." I say before closing the door.

"That was rude." Stiles sings from his seat. "Shut up." I say before heading upstairs to my room.

When I get into my room, my window was slightly open. For fuck sake. I lean down on to the floor and look under my bed, nothing. I look in the closet, nothing.

When I realise no one was in my room, I close my window. I head into the bathroom and brush my teeth before heading back in my room.

I get into bed and lie down when my bedroom door flings open. I jolt up and scream. "It's me, it's me." Stiles repeats and I take a deep breath. "You scared the crap outta me." I say slapping his chest. "Yeah I saw that." He say and I sigh.

"What do want?" I ask clutching my chest. "What should I do with the left over pizza?" He asks and I shrug. "Honestly, whatever it doesn't bother me." I say and he nods before leaving.

I climb out of bed and lock my bedroom door before getting back into bed and trying to sleep. Key word: trying.

****
I didn't sleep well. All I could think about was how unsafe I felt in my room and Derek and honestly it got so annoying.

I climbed out of bed and had a shower, which was followed by getting dressed. I got into some blue jeans and a silky black top. I do my makeup and just blow dry and straighten my hair.

I head downstairs where dad and Stiles were. "I've gotta run." I say and they look at each other confused. "Make your own god damn breakfast." I say jokingly and kiss their cheeks before getting in my car.

First thing I did was head to the coffee shop. "Nia!" Stephanie says happily. "I'm not staying long, I've gotta do something." I say and she nods.

I make two coffees to go and put some cookies in a bag and say goodbye to everyone before leaving.

I get to Derek's and as soon as I get out of the car, him and Cora were heading towards his car.

"Nia?" He asks confused. "I forgive you." I say and Cora's face lights up. "Really?" He asks and I nod.

"Where are you guys going?" I ask looking at their bags. "South America. I'm taking Cora back, she grew up there and it'll be safer there for her there then it ever will here." Derek says and I nod.

"Come with us." He says and I look up at him confused. "I can't." I say and he nods. "Sure you can." He says taking his coffee from my hand. I turn to Cora who just nodded happily. "Okay fine." I say and she smiles before climbing into the back of his car.

"We can talk." Derek says as he puts Cora's stuff into his trunk. "On the way back, we don't need to argue in front of Cora again." I say and Derek nods.

****
Watching Cora leave was quite sad, because after all she was the only one who believed me about Jennifer. She's such a sweet girl and I'd be so happy for her to stay in Beacon Hills.

"You know." Derek says, a good hour into our journey back to Beacon Hills. "I've never apologised to someone as much as I've apologised to you." He says. "You should apologise more. It makes you a better person." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Jennifer shouldn't of took you, it wasn't fair." Derek says and I shrug. "You know Stiles cried when he found out about you being taken?" Derek says and I turn to him shocked. "Really?" I ask and he nods.

"You know, me and Jennifer weren't serious don't you?" He asks and I scoff. "Could've fouled me." I say and he sighs.

"I like you like you. There. You know and now we don't have to speak about it again." I say and Derek glances over at me. "I would hardly call that 'talking about it." He says and I roll my eyes.

"I only got with Jennifer because you were so pissed at me I didn't think you'd talk to me again." He says and I sigh. "I shouldn't of spoke to you ever again, I'm going against my better judgement." I say and Derek chuckles.

"Can we just move on from this? I don't wanna not be your friend or whatever anymore." I say and Derek nods. "We can do/be whatever you want." He says and I lean my head against the window.

"I'm so glad she's dead." I say and Derek scoffs. "Aren't we all." He says putting his hand on my thigh.

"Did you apologise to Isaac?" I ask looking at him. "Yeah, of course I did. Those voicemails really put my in my place." He says and I groan. "I said to forget about them." I say. "Yeah can't do that. They're like constantly on loop in my brain, reminding me of how much of an asshole I am." Hs says and I cringe.

"Will you come over when we get home?" I ask and he nods. "Sure thing." He says and I take a breath of relief. I lean my head against the window and hold Derek's hand on my thigh as I drift off to sleep.