TWM- 5 (alternative ending)

You really think I'd be okay with Derek dying? Absolutely not this is how they end for me. Not with Derek's death.

Derek's POV
Once I follow Dad and Eli inside Nia stops hugging them and dives into my arms.

"Are you okay? Malia told me you were hurt? You've been gone for so long. Does it hurt? Where is it?" She bombards with questions.

"I'm fine." I say silencing her with a kiss.

She relaxes in my arms and my hand finds her hair.

And breathe.

"Where's Talia?" I ask.

"Asleep in bed." She tells me and I nod. Good.

So good.

Her arms go around my neck and I hold her, I don't want to let her go.

She pulls back and I try my hardest not to complain.

"Oh my baby." She says squeezing Eli's cheeks.

"Mom please." He groans.

"You guys hungry? Oh god I bet you are. Let's see what grandpa has got." She says heading into the kitchen where she immediately starts cooking.

"Who's cop car is outside?" Dad asks and Nia nods whilst starting to make something chocolaty and pasta at the same time?

"Oh yeah about that. I stole it. You might want to return it but currently Derek and I don't have cars because Allison crashed them and blew them up." She says.

"Our cars?" I ask.

Oh fucking hell.

"Yes Derek... our cars." She rolls her eyes at me as she multitasks.

"Let me help." I say but she smacks my hand away.

"No." She says pointing her finger in my face.

Damn okay.

"Eli you okay?" Nia asks as I stand next to her, I don't want her to go too far.

I don't think we've been that far apart since the time Jennifer stole Nia from me. And that was a very very long time ago.

"What is wrong with you?" She asks hip bumping me out of the way so she can get out a baking tray.

"Nothing." I say as she rolls her eyes.

"I feel strange." Eli says and I nod.

"I know Elbear but it's okay. You're transforming. Your dad here knows all about it. He's going to help you." She smiles up at me.

"If you let me, I will always help you." I tell him and he smiles a small smile but a grateful smile.

"Awh that's sweet." She pinches my hip.

"Shut up." I tell her as she stirs the pasta.

"Mom do you want any help?" Eli asks.

"I'm good at multi tasking, if you want to help you can. But it's been a long day and I don't mind you just chilling." She tells him and he nods.

Dad just sits on the  the island stool typing on his phone.

"Dad take the night off." She rolls her eyes.

"I am. I'm just checking in with Stiles." He tells us.

"How is Stiles these days?" I ask him.

"He's good, busy but good." Dad says.

Once our pasta was served the three of us guys eat it whilst Nia continues to make brownies.

"We need to tell Talia about werewolves." She says and I choke.