Chapter 22

It had become a joke now. I'd been stuck here for days, literal days. Well that's what it feels like anyway.

After a while, it wasn't just me and dad. First Melissa came and then Chris Argent was also here.

"Still working?" Melissa asks and I turn my head awkwardly to look at Chris. He had some sort of remote in his hand. "But not for much longer." Chris says making dad sigh.

"Anyone else feeling an unbearable itch they can't scratch?" Melissa asks and I nod. "Definitely." I say breathing out a laugh. "We'll, not before you said something but now, yes, I do." Dad says and we laugh.

"Is she actually gonna come down here and slash all of our throats?" Melissa asks. "Well not me, I'm not a sacrifice. What was it she said dad? I'm a home wrecker and I've been interfering with her relationship with my best friend so hopefully she'll make it quick and painless." I say and Melissa nods awkwardly before focusing on my dad.

"Nah, she'll come down and strangle us with a garrote and then slash our throats." Dad says and she nods. Before I can tell her none of us are very good at sympathising a clattering noise grabs out attention.

"It's just the wind." Chris says and Melissa sighs a breath of relief. But the ground started to shake and the wind became even louder. Some dirt came through, almost as though an avalanche was going to happen.

"How long do you recon it'll be till she kills us?" I ask and they sigh. "She's not gonna kill us, someone will find us before she can kill us." Chris says and I shrug.

"What's going on between you and Derek?" Dad asks and I look at him confused. "Well  you're down here because of Derek and you're both quite close so like were you dating?" Dad asks and I scoff. "No." I say rolling my eyes.

"We're best friends. I'm so glad I met him but he's been so much of a dick recently. He risked Issac's life, twice. He kicked Issac out. He let me think he died. He didn't even call me when I rang him a million times crying, just so he could sleep with the bitch who locked us down here. He is the reason I got dragged out of my house by alphas and he came to my store and told me I couldn't hang out with Logan." I say annoyed.

"But..." Melissa says signalling for me to go on.

"But, I've been so lonely without him. He's my best friend and you know what? Maybe I was jealous of Jennifer, just a bit because she took him away from me. She has what I want. Derek. Oh my god, let's pretend I never said that." I say sighing.

"You like him?" Dad questions and I groan. "Well yeah, he's my best friend." I say and dad raises an eyebrow at me. "What about more than a friend?" He asks and I sigh. "Nope." I lie.

"It seems as though you do." Melissa says. "Yeah maybe I do, maybe he's just really good in bed. I can't tell which one it is." I say and they all scrunch up their faces.

"Yeah, I don't think we needed to know that." Dad says and I just chuckle. "Yeah whoops." I say sighing. 

"So you like him. That's why you've been calling out for his help, not Scott's, not Issac's, Derek's." Dad says and I sigh. "Yeah probably, can we change subjects now. I like him. Blah blah blah. His psychotic girlfriend is gonna kill us all and that will be the end of it." I say trying to relax.

****
The doors open and my body crunches together in hopes to maintain some heat. I was so thankful when Allison and Isaac came down the stairs instead of Jennifer.

"I've never been so grateful to see you in my life." I say to Isaac as he unties Melissa. "Thanks." He says and chuckles.

"Where's Stiles? Where's my son?" Dad asks and I look to Isaac for an answer. "And Scott?" Melissa asks. "They're coming, all right? They're on their way to help." Isaac says and I nod.

Suddenly some of the ground above us starts to cave in and dad and Isaac come to my side to untie me as I was the only one left who needed to be untied.

We all head to the stair case leading out as the ground caves in around us. But the stair case collapsed and suddenly there was no way out. "You've got to be kidding me." I groan.

We move away from the collapsed areas whilst trying to find ways out.

"It's blocked. What do you see? Anything?" Chris announces and I turn to Isaac who just shakes his head no. I sigh and hold my head we're my cut was. It was actually a miracle I hadn't bled out and died yet, same with dead.

"Look out." Chris says pushing us all even closer together. We were all pushed on to the ground and dad covers my head. "Issac!" Allison yells and I try to turn before Issac was thrown beside me, thanks to Chris.

The wood above us started to split and dad was telling Melissa to move away whilst dragging me at the same time.

Issac stood up and held the wood up with as much strength as he could.

****
"Is it me, or is this place getting smaller?" Issac yells whilst trying to hold up the wood.

Suddenly, something about the atmosphere changed as all of us were holding up as much of it as possible. Me and dad were holding up some wood.

"I can't do it. I can't hold it! I can't hold it!" Issac says and Chris and Allison then help them. "It's too much, it's too heavy." Allison says. Me and dad were in the same boat. It got to the point where the ground got too heavy to hold.

Suddenly as it got unbearable someone put an aluminium bat there. I took my hand away and saw Stiles. "Oh my god." I say taking a breath of relief.

"I always said aluminium was better than wood." Dad says and Stiles leans forward to hug him. He then let out his free arm and grabbed me as well.

"I should've listened to you. It was Jennifer and now we're all suffering." Stiles says and I scoff. "I hate to say I told you so. But... I told you so." I say and Stiles smiles.

"Hey twinses." I say pointing to the cuts we both had on our heads making Stiles chuckle.

Suddenly the wind died down and everything seemed bearable. "Is it over?" Allison asks. "I fucking hope so, I'm starving." I say playfully and everyone starts laughing.

Stiles phone starts ringing and he answers it. "Scott?" He questions. "Yeah, we're okay. We're all okay." Stiles says and we chuckle. I rest my head on Issac's shoulder.

"How bout you? Are you okay?" Stiles asks. "Well, you think you can come get us?" Stiles asks looking at the bat. "Great. Okay. Um... Bring a ladder." Stiles says making us laugh.

"Nia! If I have to tell you again about going to sleep!" Dad shouts and I groan and move closer to Issac and my eyes flutter shut.

****
"Was she down there?" I hear Derek yell. "Oh god." He says as my eyes open. "Yeah I've got her don't worry." Issac says and I look up at him.

"You we're definitely awake but just didn't want to climb the ladder weren't you?" Issac asks playfully and I just laugh.

"Are you okay?" Derek asks and I just groan. "My head hurts." I say as Issac places me down on the floor. Derek put his hand on mine and starts to take my pain. "Stop that." I say moving away from him.

"Forgive him." Dad whispers to me and I roll my eyes. "Nope." I say. "Where are you parked Stiles? I'm starving and tired and I need a shower." I say and Stiles scratches the back of this neck. "Yeah about that..." he says turning to dad to tell him how he crashed the Jeep.

"I can give you guys a lift." Derek offers. "Great, let's go." Dad says and I glare at him. I give Issac a quick hug and say bye to everyone else before dragging my feet to follow Derek to his car.