Chapter 24

The sound woke me. I ripped Derek's arm off of me and jumped out of bed. "Stay here." I say to Derek whilst listening to that god awful sound and followed it.

Dad and I both ran into Stiles' room who was currently screaming.

Dad held Stiles as he screamed whilst muttering to him that "it was okay." I watched Stiles hold on to dad while screaming and I held my chest at the same time. I sat down beside them and hugged Stiles. "You're okay." I say as he cries silently.

"What were you dreaming about?" I ask him and he takes his head off of my shoulder. "I uh... I don't know. It was like a dream inside a dream and I couldn't wake up." Stiles says and I nod.

"I'm okay now, you guys should go to bed." Stiles says and I kiss his cheek. "Come and get me if you need me." I say to Stiles and he nods.

"I'm sorry." Stiles says as me and dad approach the door. "Don't be sorry." I say to Stiles who was get comfy in his bed. "We don't mind." Dad says and we smile at him softly before closing the door.

"Night." I say to dad and he just nods. "Night sweetheart." He says heading to his room.

I go back into my room and Derek was sat up and looking at me. "Is he alright?" He asks as I get into bed beside him. "Yeah." I say lying down and Derek wraps an arm around me.

****
I woke up the next morning and made breakfast straight away. "I've gotta go." Dad says with a box in his hand. "Alright then." I say shoving his breakfast into a container. I follow him to his car and then hand him his breakfast and coffee.

"Check in on Stiles for me?" Dad asks and I nod. "Sure." I say and then say goodbye to him then head inside.

I go inside and Derek walks down stairs to me. "Morning." He says and I lean up to kiss him. "Morning." I say and take him into the kitchen. I hand him a coffee and his breakfast before continuing to make lunch for Stiles.

"Hey." I say when Stiles comes into the kitchen. "Please don't treat me differently too." Stiles says and I nod. "I won't, but you're okay right?" I ask and he nods.

I hand him his breakfast whilst Stiles stares at Derek. "Is this gonna be a daily occurrence?" Stiles asks Derek. "Until she decides to start staying at mine." Derek says and I roll my eyes.

"Have you got work?" Stiles asks me and I shake my head no. "I would never go in today. In fact, I don't even know why you're going to school." I say and Stiles shrugs.

"Alright, so I'll get the flowers and I'll meet you at dads office straight after work." I say and Stiles shakes his head no whilst chewing some fruit. "There's no point in flowers, they always get stolen. And start sleeping at your boyfriends house." Stiles says and I roll my eyes.

"Lunch." I say and hand him his lunch. "Thanks." He says putting it in his bag. "Be careful." I shout after him as he leaves.

Once me and Derek cleared up from Breakfast I headed upstairs and had a shower. When I got out of the shower, Derek got in.

I got dressed into a black dress and a grey cropped denim jacket. I was half way through doing my hair when Derek came in and was getting dressed.

"Hey so what's happening today?" He asks as I curl my hair lightly. "We're visiting my mom. She died 8 years ago today." I say and Derek looks at me with his eyes widen. "I'm sorry." He says. "It's okay, don't worry." I say shrugging.

After we were ready, me and Derek head to the coffee shop.

"Hey hey hey." I say walking in. "Please save me." I say walking up to Ava. She quickly makes a coffee and hands it to me. "This is why I love you." I say playfully before taking a sip. She then makes one and hands it to Derek, who thanks her.