Chapter 13

I was sat with Issac in the boys locker room. I had no clue where Stiles was and I was worried.

"I have to meet with the medical examiner and try and figure out what happened with Jackson. I've got an APB out on Stiles." Dad says and Issac put his hand on my shoulder.

"His Jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means... I don't know what that means." Dad says and I drop my head to play with my hands. With all this supernatural crap going on, we didn't need to lose Stiles.

"Look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if either one of you see him--" "We'll call you." Issac says reassuring my dad.

"Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him." Scott says and dad nods.

"Do you want me to drop you home?" Dad asks and I shale my head no. "Go and meet with the examiner, I think I'll walk home, hopefully find Stiles." I say and dad nods and kisses my forehead before he leaves.

I stand up and hug Issac. "Please don't leave Issac. I don't want you guys to leave." I say and he nods. "I'm not going anywhere." He says and I take a breath of relief.

"Look for him." I say and they both nod. "I'll see you guys later." I say and head out the door.

As I got out of the school, I noticed Derek.

"Oh my god." I say and wrap my arms around him. "What is it? What's wrong?" He asks.

"It's Stiles, Derek. He's gone. I don't know where. He's just gone, took off. Im so worried. He knows not to go missing right now after everything." I say looking down.

"Will you look for him, please." I say and he nods. "I need to talk with Scott, we can look after." He says and I nod.

"Okay, I'm gonna head home and hope he turns up." I say and Derek nods. "It'll be okay Nia." He says and I nod.

I was about 10 minutes away from home, I got the text that he was okay and at home and I never ran home so fast in my life.

"Is he okay?" I ask as I burst through the front door. "He seems to be okay. He got beat by some kids from the other school." Dad says and I wince. "Im gonna check on him." I say and he nods.

I head up to Stiles room and open the door to see him lying on his bed just staring at the ceiling.

"Are you okay?" I ask and he sits up. That's when I get a proper look at his face and wince. "Im okay." He says and I sigh and sit beside him.

"What happened?" I ask Stiles and he sighs. "Gerard." He says and I look at him confused. "The hunter." Stiles says to re jog my memory so I just nod.

"Do you have a clue what's going on?" Stiles asks and I shake my head no. "Don't worry about it Stiles, leave it up to the werewolves. I'll text them and tell them you're okay." I say and kiss Stiles forehead as I stand up.

"Well done tonight champ. You did amazingly." I say and he smiles at me softly as I head out of his room.

I sat at the table with dad drinking coffee when the door bell rang. I look at dad confused before heading to the door.

I opened the door to Lydia. She seemed really upset and I smiled at her softly. "Is everything alright?" I ask and she nods. "Um, is Stiles here?" She asks and I nod and invite her in.

"Upstairs first room on the left." I say to Lydia and she thanks me before heading upstairs.

"Who was it?" Dad asks as I sit back down at the table. "Lydia Martin." I say before sipping my coffee. "Wow." Dad says and I nod.

Me and Dad had sat in the kitchen talkimg and when Lydia walked out we looked at each other confused.

"I think you should go and talk to him." I say to dad and he looks at me confused. "What? Why don't you? You're a girl." He says and I scoff. "Yeah but he doesn't want to hear it from me." I say and dad sighs and stands up.

He heads up stairs and I clean up our mugs.

When dad comes back downstairs, he heads for the table to make some calls. He was shortly followed by Stiles, who was just looking at me.

"Will you come with me?" Stiles asks and I nod. "We'll be back." I say to dad and he nods.

"What happened?" I ask Stiles whilst climbing into the Jeep. "Lydia can save Jackson or something. I didn't want her to because I don't want her to get hurt but she's trying to get there on her own. So we're gonna find her and take her there and make sure things are okay." Stiles says and I nod.

When I see Lydia walking on the pavement I take my belt off and climb into the back of the car.

"Lydia." Stiles calls as he stops beside her. She turns to him, shocked. "We'll take you there. Please get in." Stiles says and she smiles gratefully before climbing into the Jeep.

We go to the iron works and apparently the only way through was to cause a scene.

I brace myself for impact, along with Stiles and Lydia.

"Did I get him?" Stiles asks once the car stops. Then the Kanima jumps on the bumper of the Jeep making Lydia shriek and Stiles scream.

Lydia gets out of the car straight away and is followed by Stiles. "What are you doing get out?" Stiles says to me. I quickly jump over the seat and out of the car.

"Jackson!" Lydia says as me and Stiles get safely away from the Kanima. The kanima approaches Lydia and Stiles screams for her.

Before Stiles could run after her, Scott stops him. The kanima was looking at the key in Lydia's hand and slowly turned back to himself just with half reptilian skin.

Jackson steps back from Lydia and both Derek and someone use their claws to hurt him.

Lydia caught him as he fell. "Do you... Do you still..." Jackson asks Lydia. "I do. I do. I do still love you."  She says nodding and crying.

I turn to Stiles and felt the worse pain for him as he watched the girl he loved hold her now dead lover.

"Where's Gerard?" A girl asks. "He can't have gone far." A man then says to her.

Lydia stands up and was still sobbing. Stiles goes to walk over to her when the sound of claws scraping caught our attention.

Jackson stood up and was suddenly in wolf form. Lydia then ran into his arms and I squeezed Stiles shoulder to let him know it would be okay.

I make my way to Derek and Issac and wrap my arms around Issac first. "Are you okay?" I ask him and he nods. "Thank you for staying." I say and he smiles softly at me. I notice his cuts and wince before looking at Derek who just nods, signalling he was also okay.

"I'll see you later." I say to Derek as everyone starts to leave. "Bye boys." I say smiling at Issac and Derek. "Bye Nia." Issac says and I ruffled his hair before climbing into the Jeep with Stiles and heading home.

When I got home I cleaned Stiles wounds and wished him and dad a good night.

I went to my room and got ready for bed. Once I was ready for bed I turned off the light and went to get into bed when there was a light tapping on my window.

I walked over to the window and opened it. Derek then climbed in and shut the window behind him.

Derek and I climbed into my bed and just lied there. Derek was lying on his back, staring at the ceiling. Whereas, I was on my side facing him.

"No more Kanima." I say. "No more Kanima." Derek repeats.

"Thanks for helping find Stiles tonight." I say to Derek whilst smiling. "I didn't find him." Derek says. "It doesn't matter. You still tried to find him." I say.

"You're a good person Derek, you should give yourself more credit." I say and kiss his cheek before rolling over so my back was to him.

"Goodnight." I say yawning. "Goodnight." He says and I smile softly before closing my eyes.

After a solid ten minutes, Derek turned to me and placed an arm around my waist whilst spooning me.