Chapter 32

I really, really don't like this.

I'm sat in the back seat of my dad's car, instead of Stiles.

Maybe I should overlook it because he's going to a mental asylum, but if my dad asks I didn't call it that. Plus atleast I get to ride shotgun on the way back.

We pull up outside of Eichen house and I immediately feel sick.

We look up at the place and Stiles holds my hand. He's scared.

Scott's motorcycle pulls up and he rushes over to us.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asks us. "Because we wanted to avoid something like this." Dad says and I sigh.

"It's only 72 hours." Stiles says as if its nothing. "This is the samd place where Barrow came from. The guy who had a tumor inside him filled with flies." Scott says. "I think you're forgetting that Stiles was the one who told you that." I say to Scott and he turns to my dad.

"You don't know everything yet." Scott says. "I know enough. Nogitsunes, Kitsunes, Oni, or whatever they're called." Dad says and me and Stiles smile and look up to him. "Wow, that was actually all surprisingly correct." Stiles says.

"Scott we saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. And it terrifies me." Dad says and I roll my eyes. "Us. It terrifies us." I say and he nods.

"I'm headed down to LA  tomorrow to talk to a specialist." Dad says. "Then why are you putting him in here?" Scott asks. "He's not." Stiles says and I squeeze his hand.

"It was my decision." Stiles says and I sigh. This is the only reason im not kicking up a fuss, because Stiles wants to go.

"Stiles I can't help you if you're in here." Scott says. "And I can't hurt you." Stiles says.

"Deaton's got some ideas. Argent's calling people. We're gonna find something and if we can't..." Scott says and I sigh. "If you can't..." Stiles says and lets go of my hand. He leans forward and whispers to Scott.

He takes my hand again and we head inside. The second we step inside, this felt wrong.

"Mr Stilinski." A nurse says and we all turn to her. "This way please." She says and me and Stiles exchange odd looks before following her to the desk.

Dad gets given a form that he signs whilst I just squeeze the shit out of Stiles' hand.

"First 72 hours there's no phone calls, no e-mails, no visitors. We will be taking you from here to a brief physical. In the morning you'll be assessed by a staff psychologist, speak to a social worker and attend group therapy." She says and dad turns to us.

"I feel like we're forgetting something." He says as some slippers get given to Stiles.

"You'll be wearing these, Stiles. No laces allowed. You don't have a belt do you?" She asks. "And please empty your pockets in here." She says and he lets go of my hand to do so.

I look at dad and I can already tell that he feels uncomfortable doing this.

"Your pillow." Dad says and I turn to Stiles. "We forgot your pillow." He says as Stiles changes his shoes over. "Dad it's okay." Stiles says. "No, no. You're never going to be able to fall asleep. We... we got to go back." Dad says.

"Dad. I don't need it." Stiles says when we all know he does. "I can't believe I forgot it. I mean, everytime that we've ever stayed in a hotel, the first thing you pack is your pillow." Dad stammers.

"Dad. I'll bring it tomorrow. I'll drive it up first thing." I say and Stiles smiles at me before he starts emptying his pockets.

"Okay, you know what? Stop. Stop. Enough." Dad bursts out and stands up. "Stiles, get your stuff. I'm not checking you in here if you're not gonna get one good night's sleep." Dad says and I jump up to comfort him.

"Dad." Stiles says when he stands up as well. "I haven't had a good nights sleep in weeks." Stiles says before hugging dad to calm him down. He steps away from dad and hugs me.

"I'll be just fine." He says and I sigh. "I really hope so." I say and kiss his forehead.

I watch as he walks away with the nurse and just grab dad's hand. "Let's get out of here." I say and shiver.

****
"I just need to see him." I say to one of the deputies. "You know I can't do that." He says and I sigh. "Please." I beg and he sighs. "Im sorry Nia, but I can't." He says and I begin to cry.

"Look, I need to see him. I'm going out of my mind here. My dad's gone, Stiles gone. He's locked up and I really need to talk to him." I say crying and the deputy sighs.

When I force my cry into uncontrollable sobs the guy grows worried and stands up. "Fine, fine, come on. Just stop crying." He says and I wipe at my tears and follow the deputy to the cells.

"5 minutes." He says and I nod.

I walk over to where Argent and Derek were sat back to back.

"Hello there my jail friends." I say and Argent looks at me confused. "How did you get back here?" He asks and I shrug. "Punched a few deputies, karate chopped the others." I say and he just nods whilst Derek laughs.

"Are you alright?" Derek asks and I nod and sit down infront of the cells. "I don't like being at home but it's whatever. What about you guys? Gonna let me break you out or what?" I ask and Argent laughs.

"We're fine Nia." Derek says and I groan. "Well I'm breaking you out purely for selfish reasons." I say and he raises an eyebrow. "I'm so alone I'm going out of my mind. Stiles is in some mental asylum. Dad's in LA. Issac's in hospital and I can't even go in and see him. You're in here. Im going out of my mind." I say and he sighs.

"We don't want to be fugitives." Argent says and I groan. "First and last time I'm gonna be selfish and ask you to rethink that." I say and Derek cracks a smile. "I'm sorry Nia." He says and I groan.

"God, where's the old Derek?" I ask and Derek chuckles.

"You shouldn't be back here." A deputy says and I sigh. "I'm having a really bad day, no week, no month. Definitely a bad month. So please just pretend you didn't see me whilst I sit here and bitch to my boyfriend who's currently behind bars. I'm not even trying to break him out. Im a good girl." I say and the deputy just shakes his head before opening Argent's cell.

"Your lawyer's here." He says and Argent gets up and follows him out.

"You know if Agent McCall find you in here he's not gonna be happy." Derek says and I shrug. "Agent McCall can suck my balls." I say and he just shakes his head in disbelief.

"You look like shit." I say and he scoffs. "I feel it." He says.

"You look good in white. You should wear it more often." I say as he closes his eyes and leans his head against the bars. He hums in response and I reach through the bars and grab his hand.

His eyes open and he looks into my eyes. "Please let me break you out." I say and he sighs. "Nia, I can't be a fugitive again." He says and I sigh. "I know." I say and groan.

"How's Stiles?" He asks and I shrug. "We aren't aloud contact so I don't know." I say and he nods.

"You know, we're all trying to help him." He says and I nod. "I know." I say and he squeezes my hand.

"I'm sorry that he got you arrested." I say and Derek nods. "If he wasn't possessed I would beat his ass." Derek says and I roll my eyes. "Then I'd leave your ass." I say and he smiles.

"What are you doing back here?" Agent McCall's voice booms. "Crying, what does it look like?" I ask bringing out the fake tears. "You can't be back here." He says and I shrug.

"My life is a shit show. I could care less if I'm not aloud to be back here. I just need to cry to my boyfriend who happens to be bars. Have you got no sympathy?" I ask and he sighs.

"If I was gonna break him out I would've done it by now so please go away so I can cry to my boyfriend about the fact that someone I love dearly is gonna die. Again." I say and he sighs.

"If he gets out, you'll be in a cell as well." He warns and I shrug. "Just add it to the many things I need to cry about." I call after him and stop crying the second he leaves.

"You're a psychopath." Derek says and I scoff. "No I'm just cool." I say and he rolls he eyes.