Chapter 28

When I wake up the next morning, Derek was already awake and was no longer beside me.

"Yeah, yeah. No problem." I hear Derek say as he walks into my room. "Who you talking too?" I ask whilst sitting up properly. "Your dad. He's heading out to work now. Wanted to make sure you got up." Derek says and I nod.

He hands me a coffee and then sits beside me. "How you feeling?" He asks and I nod. "I'm okay." I say sipping on my coffee.

We had some breakfast before we had a shower and got ready.

"So what's your plans for today?" I ask whilst drying my hair. "Following Scott." Derek says and I furrow my eyebrows. "They were looking at Scott when the sun came up, they're going after him." He says and I nod.

"Are you going to work?" Derek asks and I nod. "Most probably." I say and he nods.

"I'll come by later and get some coffee quickly." Derek says and I nod. "Okay sure, I'd like that." I say before kissing his cheek.

I get dressed into a blue denim skirt and a white chunky knit sweatshirt which I slightly tuck into my skirt and then put a belt on.

After doing my makeup, I make my bed and put on my shoes. It was quite late into the day once I was ready.

"Hey so do you want me to drop you to your car?" I ask before sorting my room out. "Yeah sure." Derek says and I head downstairs to the kitchen and grab my car keys.

I drive Derek to the loft and tell him I'll see him later. I head straight for the coffee shop to help out in the store today.

"Hey." I say walking in and greeting the staff there today.

I put on an apron immediately and tie my hair back before helping out today.

****
A continuous phone ringing was doing my head in. I accidentally left my phone in my car and now the store phone hasn't stopped blowing up.

"Someone answer that phone!" I call whilst taking someone's order. Stephanie rushes over to the phone and immediately keeps glancing at me whilst I make some latte's.

"Hey, um... you should take this." Stephanie says and I look at her confused. "Who is it?" I ask whilst getting some mugs.

"The hospital." She says and my eyes immediately widen. Who's dying? "I'll take over for you." Steph says before handing me the phone.

"Hello..." I say worrying as I answer the phone. "Hey Nia, it's me Melissa. I'm sorry to call you at work, but it's Stiles. He's here. Nothing bad happened before you start to worry. He just he's exhausted and I thought you'd want to know. You don't have to come and see him if you're busy." Melissa says and I nod.

"I'll come. I'll be there. I uh... what room is he in?" I ask and she sighs. "When you get here, I'll show you." Melissa says and I nod.

I put the phone down and immediately take my apron off. "I need to go." I say to Stephanie and she nods. "Yeah, go." She says and I nod. "On the way, I'll call some people in to help." I say and she nods before smiling at me sympathetically.

When I get in the car, I drive to the hospital whilst calling some staff to go in and help Stephanie out.

I get to the hospital and rush inside. I get inside and instantly find Melissa at a desk. She smiles at me and stands up before leading me to a room.

I head inside to see Stiles fast asleep in a bed. I thank Melissa before taking a seat beside Stiles. She leaves us alone as I grasp Stiles' hand in my own.

I don't know whats going on with Stiles. It's evident he isn't sleeping and when he does he has nightmares. It kind of reminds me of when mom was still here. Before she was hospitalized, this is exactly how she would act.