Chapter 36

"I need you to get here ASAP." Dad says over the phone. "Why? What's going on?" I ask jumping up.

"Allison died." Dad says and my mind instantly goes to Issac. A few hours ago he was telling me how much he liked her. Oh my god.

I leave Derek at the loft with the twins who came to the loft, looking for help.

I get to the Sheriff's station and rush into dad's office immediately.

Issac looked up immediately and his face, I couldn't handle it. "I'm so sorry." I say to the three teenages sitting infront of me.

Issac stood up abruptly and comes over to me. I wrap my arms around him and let him cry into my shoulder.

"Where's Stiles?" I ask the others as I sooth out Issac's shoulders. "With Kira's family." Scott says and I nod.

"I'm gonna check on Argent." Issac says pulling away from our hug. "Okay, call me if you need me." I say and he nods. "Same goes for you two." I say and head back to the loft.

"Everything okay?" Derek asks as I walk inside the loft. "No." I say sitting down on a step. He sighs and then turns his attention to the twins.

"You should be fine in a couple of hours. Unless whoever shot you manages to find you again." Derek says.

"Lydia's with Scott. We need to go." One of the twins says whilst walking to the other.

"You're gonna try to convince her to go with you?" Derek asks. "I'm gonna try and convince her to run and hide. Like any sane person would do." One of them says and I roll my eyes.

"And Danny?" Derek asks. Good one. "Allison's dead. Stiles is dying. What do you think?" One of them says and I stand up.

I walk over to him and punch him in the face. "Stiles isn't gonna die. Have a bit of optimism." I say and Derek smirks whilst the twin I just punched growls. "Take it." Derek growls back.

I step beside Derek who takes my hand that I punched the twin with, which was now throbbing in pain, and takes my pain.

"I think Danny won't believe you. And Lydia would never run and hide." Derek says. "Because of Stiles?" One of the twins, I'm guessing its Aiden, says. "Because of Scott." Derek bites.

"You've been trying to find a way into his pack. Trying to earn his trust, trying to fight for him. You've had it wrong the whole time. You don't fight for a leader. You fight for a leader's cause." Derek says and I pat his shoulder. "That was really motivational." I say wiping a pretned tear.

"What cause?" A twin asks. "Scott's always been about one thing. Saving his friends. He will do anything and everything to save the people he cares about. When there's no chance of winning, he keeps fighting. When all hope is lost, he finds another way. And when he's beaten down, he stands up again." Derek says and my eyes widen. Who is this and what has he done with Derek Hale?

"You want to earn a place in his pack? You want redemption? Find another way to stand and fight." Derek says and I smile. "That was really beautiful." I say and Derek rolls his eyes.

Derek's phone pings and he checks it. "Like right now. We need to get the box with my mother's claws in and head to the school." Derek says before rushing off to do so.

"Are you gonna stay and fight?" I ask and they exchange looks and nod.

"This is fun." I say and make a gun pose with my fingers and pretend to shoot them both.

"How old are you?" One of them asks and I roll my eyes. "Fuck off." I say earning a growl from them.

"Nia, seriously. Stop winding them up, there gonna hurt you. There's two of them. One of me. I will let them eat you." He says and I roll my eyes. "So kind." I say and throw Derek his keys.

"Let's roll bitch." I say slapping his butt and skipping out the door. "Actually, will you carry me. I can't be bothered to  walk downstairs." I say to Derek. He rolls his eyes and then ushers me over his shoulder.

"Can you ever carry me normally or what?" I ask as we head to his car. The twins get in the back of Derek's car, as Derek places me in the passenger seat.

"Stay in the car." Derek says and I groan. "What? Are you serious?" I ask and he nods. "Too right. I'm not gonna be able to protect you from these guys." Derek says and I groan. "I can throw a punch." I say and Derek glares at me.

"Can't I hide, like closer to the scene?" I ask and he sighs. "Fine, but you don't move." He says and I nod.

Derek stops me at the beginning of the tunnel. "Stay here." He says and walks around the wall and under the tunnel.

"Did you bring us a present?" Void Stiles asks. "I brought two." Derek says and I furrow my eyebrows. I wish I could see what was going on.

"I've heard of an Alpha pack, Derek. But not a pack of former Alphas. It's a little sad, isn't it?" Void says and I wince.

"I might not be an Alpha anymore, but I can still fight like one." He says which is followed by roars.

I peak around the corner to watch them fight.

"Someone get the box! Nia! Nia I need you to get the box." Derek yells and I walk round to the tunnel.

One of the twins were fighting them as I slowly walked up to the box. "Take the box, we'll hold them off!" One of the twins yell.

I grab the box as Argent shoots the Oni and it disappears. "What was that?" One of the twins ask. "Silver." Argent says.

"Nia, give Issac the box and let him take it to Scott!" Derek yells and I roll my eyes. "Could've done it myself." I yell back at him. "Yeah but I'd rather you be in eye sight." He shouts back and I roll my eyes. Idiot.

They continue to fight the Oni as Argent kills them. "Get the arrow!" Argent yells as a silver arrow hits the floor, right by my feet.

I pick the arrow up and an Oni charges at me. "Derek!" I yell and close my eyes. The arrow gets ripped out of my hands.

I open my eyes to see a twin infront of me with a sword through its stomach. Shit.

"Aiden!" The other yells as Aiden pulls the sword out of himself.

Aiden falls back on me and I help him onto the floor, where I hold him. "Im so sorry. I should've. I should've stayed away. Im so sorry." I say as Derek comes to my side.

Aiden cries softly as Ethan and Argent walk over to us. "It's okay." Aiden clarifies and I sigh.

Ethan kneels down beside Aiden and holds him. "Does it hurt you as much as it hurts me?" He asks. "Yeah." Ethan says and he begins to cry.

"It's okay." Aiden says whimpering. "Lydia never believed I was one of the good guys anyway." Aiden says and I sigh. "Trust me. She'll believe me." I say and Derek puts his hand on Aiden's shoulder. "She'll believe us." Derek says.

The twins cry and comfort each other till Aiden falls back against me. Derek gently pulls me out of the way as we lay Aiden down and Ethan cries over his chest.

I guess now was the worst time to learn their names

Derek helps me up and I wipe Aiden's blood down the front of my jeans.

"Come on." Derek says taking my hand and we walk up the stairs to where everyone else was stood.

"Im sorry about Aiden." I say to Lydia who just nods. "He was a good guy." Derek says to her. "He really was. He saved me." I say and kiss Stiles' cheek.

Derek squeezes my hand and leads me back to his car.

"I need to stay at home tonight." I say and he glances at me confused. "But you don't like it there." He says and I sigh. "I know, but I need to stay there tonight. Stiles is okay and everything is over. I'll just sleep on the sofa." I say and he nods. "Okay." He says before taking me home.

I stand at my bedroom door, just looking in. It's still a mess.

"Have you told your dad yet?" He asks and I sigh. "Nope." I say looking at the mess. "Come on, we'll clean it." He says and that's exactly what we do.

Then once we finish cleaning, we pack our stuff up.